PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
As proof that each of us have different palates, I am going to have to disagree with some of the other reviews on this. Bacon? Where? I only occasionally found myself, okay there is something vaguely reminiscent of bacon.
Upon opening the jar and sticking my nose over it, I smell cheap whiskey. Actually what I get is that smell of a whiskey on the rocks that didn't get finished and sat on the table overnight. It's recognizable as containing whiskey but that's about it.

After loading it into a pipe and testing the draw, I do get a whiskey taste that is better than the aroma though, so that's something.
As for smoking it, I have tried it in a new clay pipe, a meerschaum, a briar and a cob. By far the tobacco was best in the clay and the cob. It was good in the meerschaum. With the briar, which is also relatively new and I've just broken in, the tobacco was lacking in flavor. To be honest though I've only smoked 6 bowls of Bacon Old Fashioned and feel I am still trying to determine what I'm smoking. I have decided that it will probably be one I only smoke in the cobs though.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Pappy, I might have to agree with you on this. I bought a jar when it was released because... well, bacon and whiskey! I don't get that much bacon out of it either, and the bourbon is just there a little bit. Not a bad smoke, just a little underwhelming. I think I'd rather eat bacon and drink bourbon. :wink:

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I had the chance to sniff a jar of it and that's as far as I was willing to go.
Thanks for "taking one for the team"! :mrgreen:

hakchuma

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2014
Michigan, USA
Im Still waiting for a blend that tastes like jeniffer Anisten.
Really. I believe a marketing team could deliver.

Status
Not open for further replies.