PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Quakertown, PA. May 20, 2016--The board of directors of the Standard Tobacco Company of Pennsylvania is proud to announce that John Fruhmann (PaPipeguy) has been chosen to be our first CEO. A pipe smoker for over 45 years, John was coaxed out of retirement by the aroma of John Cotton’s Smyrna, and brings to Standard a wealth of business skill and experience. John's career spanned 33 years with Pfizer and Minerals Technologies Inc., focusing on all aspects of commercial operations, retiring as Director of Sales in 2008. John holds degrees in Economics and Finance.
In addition to running the day to day operations, John will be tasked with exploring new markets and merchandising opportunities for the Standard Tobacco Company of Pennsylvania’s portfolio of iconic brands.
John will work closely with Standard’s president, Dan Johnson and will report to board.
Please join us in congratulating PaPipeguy!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Excellent. Congratulations to John. Expertise plus an abiding passion for the product. Can't beat that.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
John will have his plate full as we navigate the tsunami that the FDA has created. I can't think of a better person to have at the helm.
OK, now I'm picturing someone in a blinding storm, standing in a rowboat with a plate full of spaghetti.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Thanks everyone. I'm thrilled to be part of SToP and the rebirth of classic British blends. I'm sure we'll have some nice surprises for our pipe smoking friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.