PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsteam86

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2018
Well I was going to hold off till about the end of the month for another order from P&C but I got compelled to look at their site this morning for reasons that can only be described as PAD & TAD. Opening the webpage they have the lovely cycles what is on sale which I normally look past cause lets face it we all have that urge to go "I want that and that and that. Oh looky there I'll take that to!" It must have been fate and the Great One in the sky smoking a pipe laughing "Not today buddy." 1 tin and one 1 pipe for $39.99. I was thinking well this is probably going to be a brand that I am going to have to look up or ask on here whether or not the said pipe is decent enough for a gander. Low and behold it was a Stanwell with 9 different pipes to choose from and another 9 or 10 premium tobaccos along with it.
Well I just couldn't help myself and bought the War Horse Ready Rubbed and a Stanwell 56 Liverpool Straight. At first there was a little bit of remorse for buying until I remembered that the wife said she was going to order clothes this week so all was good after that. Now comes the wait but a good wait for the start of another rotation of pipes. :puffy: 8)

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I have been pretty good with them lately. Those 20% off sales always screw up my budget however!

johnsteam86

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2018
Mhmmm. I feel you there. I don't know why I say I'll hold it off and wait cause normally two or three days later I rush back to computer "Waited long enough."

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
A decent tin would've made it an "OK" deal. Otherwise a pipe we've seen on sale for $20 and mediocre $6-$10 tin together for $40? Doesn't sound like a good deal to me. Now, the 15% off on ALL bulk - that's is very nice, imo. Two pounds of Annie Kake for $76? Try and stop me :D

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My server is bummed up, so I may be saved. I'm totally susceptible to those PC bargains, as with brushed Stanwells and my Tsuge "tasting" pipe. PC will help you build a rotation, even after your rotation is completely built!

johnsteam86

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2018
I'm on the second rotation now. I was going to go for the 15% off bulk flakes but I got a little distracted. lol

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
A decent tin would've made it an "OK" deal. Otherwise a pipe we've seen on sale for $20 and mediocre $6-$10 tin together for $40? Doesn't sound like a good deal to me.
When we ran the $19.99 promotion on Stanwell Brushed Brown it was because Stanwell gave us a special deal to get people to try the new production Stanwells (which worked quite well, I might add). The rest of our inventory came in at regular price, so we can't sell them at $19.99 anymore. I would hardly call the tobaccos mediocre. Cult Blood Red Moon is our number two-selling tin on P&C behind Bengal Slices.
Russ

chilipalmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2017
They got me too...Hey, Chili....if you buy three tins of H&H Marquee, we'll give you one of them free....and free shipping...Oh, my aching bank account... :-D
Cheers,
Chili

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
I was snagged too...warhorse and Stanwell 56, oh and 3 tins of whiteknight, a pound of EOS, some blending oriental, some LNF, and a few other sundries. It was a rough night :D

pandapiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2018
They got me too. I found myself rearranging my cart several times :/ That indecision cost me being able to add some anni kake to the order.. ultimately I skipped ordering any bulk for this month in favor of adding some H&H tins and a few coin flips to cellar away. Looking forward to trying H&H blends for the first time when they arrive, the hard part being deciding which tin to pop first.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
P&C has 1 blend I wanted to try that no one else has. When i went to order some i noticed they're doing one of those 2-tin bundles for the price of one..

So I end up getting 2 blends I've never tried for the price of one, which I must say is a helluva deal. If I end up liking them I'll be ordering more.
Surprised they were shipped via UPS, but according to the tracking it seems the parcel was delivered to my post office. We'll see who delivers it today.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Surprised they were shipped via UPS, but according to the tracking it seems the parcel was delivered to my post office. We'll see who delivers it today.
This is a new-ish form of economy shipping. UPS picks the package up from us and delivers it to your local postal service facility. Then USPS finishes the final leg of the journey.
Russ

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
That's about what I figured Russ. I feel like I've seen that happen before too. I live in Louisville, so UPS is a major player here, yet they ALWAYS deliver late in the day. USPS delivers before noon pretty consistently.

I work 2nd shift so that's a feature I pay attention to lol.

If given the option I always pick USPS... But free is free.

Can't wait to try your Acadian Gold virginia.

johnsteam86

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2018
Somehow or another mine ended up in Vegas today which is weird. I guess the two wanted to see the lights and play a hand of poker.

maker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2018
I've gotten a shipment delivered from the day after I've ordered before. For free.

Status
Not open for further replies.