PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
On their website when you check out. I don't need to make a purchase right now, or I would go all the way through to check if it is true. But they clearly have multiple countries listed when you fill out the shipping information.

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
Do my eyes deceive me, or does Pipes & Cigars ship internationally again!?!?!
Have you not learned that it is not nice to tease?! :mrgreen:
I hope it is true though, I really, really want to get some of that Fusilier's Ration :worship: and no one else carries it.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Deep into winter.... I think our brethren to the North are getting a little "cabin fever"..................

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
Deep into winter.... I think our brethren to the North are getting a little "cabin fever"..................
We get a bit goofy with 4' of snow and weeks of around -25C temperatures, so "cabin fever" is very appropriate.
Personally, I am breaking out and heading South for a much deserved vacay. Checked the temperature today and it was +29C with +19C overnight, which is pretty much opposite of where I am right now.
Not leaving until I try to place an order with P&C to see if I can score some Fusilier's Ration.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Enjoy the vacay slownumbers!!
Lucky me... I am in Ontario this week on business and will be in Prince George, BC next week........ something tells me it's not going to get any warmer............ 8O

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Rickpal I read your comment last night and haven't been able to stop chuckling since. You nailed it with the cabin fever! Where in Ontario are you this week? Hopefully BC will be a little warmer than her for you.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
That is really strange because it is clearly an option when filling in the shipping address at checkout. I wonder if this is just another case of P&C not knowing their ass from a hole in the ground, or is it a glitch with their website?
I have no interest in giving them any of my business as I am very satisfied with my current suppliers. That being said, they do offer some tobacco that is not available elsewhere, and it would be nice to have them as an option.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I find it laughable that they state the labour costs associated with international shipping. I run a marketing /shipping company for a living and the "extra labour" is 3 extra mouse clicks for the customs info. Who cares we have 4Noggins and Smoking Pipes so that's that.

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
Enjoy the vacay slownumbers!!
Lucky me... I am in Ontario this week on business and will be in Prince George, BC next week........ something tells me it's not going to get any warmer............

I don't envy you my friend.

Heard it has been winterish in Ontario lately. Not sure about Prince George, but then again, it is Prince George.
I wish 4noggins or Smoking Pipes could sell Fusilier's Ration. Luckily I can get the odd tin through a friend when they come to Canada.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Brdavidson: I totally agree with you. This "extra" cost story is the same story they gave for doubling their prices on Esoterica products. It's not true.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Actually, a good portion of the extra cost comes from refused packages. We always labeled our packages going outside the country as tobacco products, because that's what they were. When some customers saw the duties, taxes and/or fees that they would have to pay, they often refused the package. The added costs from that were one of the main reasons for us discontinuing international shipping.
Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.