Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I posted another thread where I didn't mention the vendor in the title but asked opinions on whether a pipe a friend had with a pit/burnout in the bowl should be credited. I believe the unanimous feedback from members was no. Except 1. Russ O. He provided an email for my friend to contact. My friend has a new pipe on the way to replace the one he had a problem with thanks to Russ getting involved.
I've personally spent almost $2,000 with P&C since Dec 5 2017. I placed an order today due to their sale but also motivated by this show of superb Customer Service. I thought this was above and beyond therefore deserving a little more recognition.
Thank you Russ, great work!!!

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
This is one of the most upstanding communities I've ever been a part of. I'm often staggered by the generosity and honesty of pipe folks in general, and companies who deal in pipes and tobaccos are no exception. Good on you, P&C (and esp. Russ)!

Jan 8, 2013
Russ's customer service is legendary, in my opinion. He has often gone above and beyond to make things right. Well done, Russ.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
There seems to be a lot less P&C bashing. That's a good thing and this thread an example of such a thing.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
P&C has taken a considerable bite from my discretionary funds.
Last Christmas eve, just at the stroke of midnight, a figure eerily resembling Russ came down my furnace exhaust pipe, shined up my beater pipe and replaced all of my dottle with crumble cake.
I had left a pinch of Mixture 79 and a worn cob beside the hurricane lamp, along with a shot of Rumple Minze. These were gone in the morning.
Joy to the world....... :nana:
jay-roger.jpg

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I love P&C. Remember this thread the next time there is a witchhunt for them. They usually happen every 12-15 months. Stand with them.

Jan 8, 2013
Last Christmas eve, just at the stroke of midnight, a figure eerily resembling Russ came down my furnace exhaust pipe, shined up my beater pipe and replaced all of my dottle with crumble cake.
Only guy to come down my chimney was some fat guy in a red suit, he had a bag slung over his shoulder and stole a cookie and some milk I had on the table for my late night snack. Of course I pegged him for a burglar, and fired off a couple rounds. I think I hit him in the left butt cheek as he was scrambling up the chimney like a cat sprayed with water. Something up on the roof made all kinds of racket. The fat guy slipped and fell off the roof as something with a red light on front took off into the night sky. The fat guy went half limping and half running down the street holding his butt and shouting all kinds of obscenities waking up the whole neighborhood. I called the cops and they found the guy a couple blocks away screaming at the top of his lungs for some guy named Rudolph... an accomplice I suspect. It was also later reported that the Air Force shot down an unidentified foreign craft which crashed into a nearby lake. Some dead deer were also found in a field not too far from there. It was a weird, eventful Christmas Eve I'll not soon forget.

cajomu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 15, 2018
I posted a defense of P&C on another thread, so I'll just say here that, after tracking pipe tobacco prices on all the major internet merchants for many years, P&C's prices beat the competition hands down. Yes, one will occasionally find something on sale or a few cents cheaper somewhere else but, day in and day out, brand after brand and blend after blend, nobody beats P&C.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
As I posted in the other thread, I don't deserve much credit. All I did was to identify the problem and offered a solution. The people in customer service are the ones who have to handle the replacement and they did a great job. I'm just glad that we were able to keep a customer happy.
Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.