PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I had a feeling when Pipes and Cigars' H&H 20% sale was over that the prices might go up on those 8 oz tins. I guessed right, at least in regard to the 8 oz. tins. They were $14.95 and now they're $17.41 (strange price that). The 2 oz. tins are the same price and I don't know if the bulk prices have changed. Angler's Dream went up a buck, and there are slight price increases on SWR, SWRA, Granger, and maybe a another one or two OTC. I'm glad I stocked up on the 8 oz. tins when I did, though I wish I had been able to try Angler's Dream while the sale was still going on (it's currently sold out). Well, I'll buy more in Dec. at the next sale.
I don't know how much their price increases are on other things, if there are any. But since some people are concerned about tobacco prices going up, I thought I'd mention it. I still think their prices on Russ' blends are a great value and some of my favorite blends are made by him. I hope he keeps making good stuff for us.

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
Roth, I do think the H&H tins were discounted prior to the December sale.
Will definitely pay attention to the prices hough!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
You are absolutely right, rothnh. Their tin prices were much higher until early this summer when they reduced them. And I've always thought it odd that the tins were cheaper than the bulk, but I'm sure nobody minded that! :) I figured it wouldn't last long, so I stocked up while the stocking was good. I hope nobody thinks I was complaining. As you well know, I enjoy many of the H&H blends and they are worth every penny I've paid. But since there are several people concerned about this subject, I thought I'd relay my observation to the forum.
And yes, it always pays to shop around for the best prices.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Know whatcha mean by saving on shipping charges! Btw, I've never tried the HH Mature Virginia. I'd like to hear what you think about it.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Thanks for the post. Sounds interesting and will give it a try some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.