PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I got the email today about the Hilson pipe sale and decided to jump on it. I ordered the paneled #407 for what I think is a very good deal. I further fleshed out the order with some WhiteKnight and Magnum Opus. Unfortunately, MO is out of stock. I hope it gets in soon as it's been too long since I've had it. Any experience with P&C backorders?

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I dont understand..You can buy an 8oz tin, or as little as 1oz. The only thing backordered is the 1.5 oz tins.
This is the second time I've seen someone pass on buying tobacco, because the smaller tins were out of stock. Is there that much of a difference?

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
"I dont understand..You can buy an 8oz tin, or as little as 1oz. The only thing backordered is the 1.5 oz tins."
I guess this is the difference between a large business and a smaller boutique like C&D. C&D would just grab a tin, load it, slap a label on it and send it out. I'll be patient.....for a while.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
I've had the 1.5lb box of Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake on backorder for a month. It was part of a 5lb order. Why they can't just send me 1.5lb bulk (as that is available), I do not know. If it ever does ship it will only cost me $35.04 ($1.46/lb) and free shipping, per the email they sent me. So I am willing to wait.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I've never had any backorders from P&C but I also always check the

availability prior to adding it to the cart.
As a side note, I just wanted you to know that the last time these pipes went on sale

I grabbed two of them and was not disappointed. Hope you enjoy! :puffy:

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
I just had a backorder filled, less than a week after I ordered it. This has happened before, so overall I think their backorder system must be well organized. I won't say what shipped, so you won't hate me.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
Magnum O doesn't stay out long. But I would go for the bulk if it's available. They didn't let me know when it came back, even though I responded to their inquiry that I would like to be notified. It wasn't hard to check the site often enough to catch the return.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
The kicker is that P&C is about 10 minutes from my house and Russ O. is a member of our pipe club. I'll have to find out if they do walk-in business.

theediabeticman

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2014
You lucked out

I've never ordered an out of stock tobacco, but HAVE received my box missing ordered items with a small apology

The bright spot is then you get another box in the mail at about the time you forgot you ordered it

Status
Not open for further replies.