PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rblood

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
I noticed an advert on our forum for the P&C Kentucky Dark Fired Step Ladder Sampler - three tins for $12.99. When you click on it it is $19.99 on the P&C site. Still a decent price for the sampler, but $12.99 is an off the chain deal.
Is this an error in the advert or am I missing something?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
No error. I jumped on this about a month ago, and so far, I really enjoyed Latakia Flake. The others are awaiting. This is one of those offers too good to refuse.

rblood

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
Thanks for the response mso, but how did you get it at $12.99? I clicked the ad and it simply takes you to the product on P&C - $19.99.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
I have put this into my cart before and it gave me the 12.99 price. I would guess the promotion is over and PM is just not updated as I put the sampler in my cart just now and got the 19.99 price. Have you called customer service, maybe they will still honor it.

rblood

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
You may be right, sale may be over. I'll give them a call in the morning.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
'Hope I didn't misspeak. I ordered two dark-fired ladder samplers on sale in rapid succession, and only one of them included Latakia Flake, but the one I ordered from P&C was sold to me at the promotional $12.99 price, to my delight. 'Baccy is expensive, so a break is always appreciated. The prices on their Home and Hearth Midtown series is still at twenty a tub, which is incredible.

rblood

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
@ericusrex, you may be right - thought I was signed in but maybe I was not when I tried the link. In any event, it works now $12.99!
@mso, I hear you - save a buck when you can. Great deal from P&C on these samplers and gives me a good excuse to try some new (to me) blends without breaking the bank.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I just updated the system. It wasn't supposed to change until the ad was changed. It should be correct now.
Russ

rblood

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
No worries Russ, thanks for the update and great sampler deals.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Okay, I've cleared up the mystery. You have to click on the banner here on Pipes Magazine, or you have to call to get the deal. The regular page on the website will show a price of $19.99, but if you click the banner, it will go to a special page where the price is $12.99. This is how we know that the ad is working.
Russ

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
But if you type it in Search, it will take you to a page where the price is $19.99. That's why clicking on the banner is the easiest way.
Russ

easterntraveler

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2012
Did not run into that problem.
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/search/?q=Kentucky+Dark+Fired+Step+Ladder+Sampler

Status
Not open for further replies.