P&C IPSD

(56 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by prairiedruid
  • Latest reply from zitotczito
  1. prairiedruid

prairiedruid

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Seems like this is the goodie package coming my way!

Item Quantity

IPSD18 Freebies MM Pipe
    IPSD18-1002 1

IPSD18 Freebies Super Value Pipe Cleaner
    IPSD18-1001 1

IPSD18 Freebies 1M 1.5oz Pouch
    IPSD18-1000 1

IPSD18 Freebies Tamper
    IPSD18-1003 1

Drexel VII 1.5 Ounce Pouch
    DXC-TP-1000 1

The Pipe: A Functional Work of Art
    BKPIPE-1000 1

Havana Honeys Koozie
    Y4K-PM-1000-1000 1

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

'Had a few blends in mind, two or three for me and one for a friend, but I missed the boat, ran out the clock. Looks like a healthy haul. Congrats!

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. azpipe

azpipe

Login to Send PM

I imagine the goodie bag is the same for everyone but how did you see the individual contents?

Mine just has the item number IPSD16-05-SP-1000

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. prairiedruid

prairiedruid

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The info came from the email saying my order shipped. I got another email saying some of the goodie bag would ship later.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. deathmetal

deathmetal

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Looks like a score. Should've hopped on that one, but I too was too slow.

"My own experience has been that the tools I need for my trade are paper, tobacco, food, and a little whiskey." -- William Faulkner

The Metal Mixtures
    Posted 1 year ago #
  6. snoopy311

snoopy311

Login to Send PM

That’s what my goodie bag was made of as well.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

derekflint

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Man, it's nice having a package on the way!!

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. 3rdguy

3rdguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I got their last freebie bag, cant remember what the occasion was. Similar in contents and a few tins. Very happy. I got in on this one so I will post my goods. My order just shipped today but it is a nice 10 lb'er

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. exbenedict

exbenedict

Login to Send PM

I can’t see anything in my goodie bag. It’s shipped and will be here next week so hopefully
    It’s half as good. Cheers!

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. balkisobrains

balkisobrains

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nothing for IPSD, but I got my order of Odyssey today that I have been waiting for, for a while now. =D

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've got the same one. I got the list too when I got my confirmation that my order had shipped. The goodie bag is shipping seperately. I received another email today stating that the goodie bag will be on the way soon. No worries. The Pipe: A Functional Work of Art is a book. I already have one, so I'm giving the new book to a friend. I'm looking forward to the other items when they arrive

Arrrrr, shiver me timbers! International Talk Like a Pirate Day is September the 19th!!!
    Brothers Of The Black Frigate
    Posted 1 year ago #
  12. User has not uploaded an avatar

carburetor422

Login to Send PM

I came late to the P&C party, but did make a purchase of some Lane Ltd Ready Rubbed along with Firestorm, and Seattle Pipe Club Blends I have been waiting to try.

Posted 1 year ago #
  13. User has not uploaded an avatar

jthewell

Login to Send PM

Just got mine in the mail. Kind of a disappointment since the MM i got is one of the smallest, if not the smallest one they make, and the tamper is a simple wooden dowel. It also came with one of those 100 dollar wine vouchers that are only good if you spend at least 160 on a case of wine. I feel bad complaining since it was free, but if I knew what was in the bag, I would have just bought from smoking pipes.

Posted 1 year ago #
  14. 3rdguy

3rdguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If you are buying for the 20% discount on items, it is a freebie and nothing wrong with that. If you are buying just to get the freebie bag you wont be happy. The last tiny cob I got like this served well in a snowman in the frontyard

Posted 1 year ago #
  15. jaytex969

jaytex969

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My only cob is a MM Tom Sawyer, a rather small one.

I enjoy using it quite a bit. A light and comfortable clencher that travels well when tossed into the saddle bag as an afterthought.

Here it is in my ridiculous Independence Day photo:

It's definitely worth more than you paid for it...

Gunner, Black Frigate. Say "Hello" to my little friend!
    Posted 1 year ago #
  16. 3rdguy

3rdguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Great pic jay!

Posted 1 year ago #
  17. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Damn Jay, now my eyes hurt. You should have just let me believe you look like your avatar.

When getting a free gift from any retailer I assume it will be worth the price I paid for it.

Harris
    Posted 1 year ago #
  18. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just got mine in the mail. Kind of a disappointment since the MM i got is one of the smallest, if not the smallest one they make, and the tamper is a simple wooden dowel. It also came with one of those 100 dollar wine vouchers that are only good if you spend at least 160 on a case of wine. I feel bad complaining since it was free, but if I knew what was in the bag, I would have just bought from smoking pipes.
    And here we go.... I knew it was a matter of time.

Posted 1 year ago #
  19. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

anthony, did you have any doubts about a posters first message being a shot at PC?

Posted 1 year ago #
  20. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

anthony, did you have any doubts about a posters first message being a shot at PC?
    Well no not really, but not all first posters do that. I am however surprised it took so long for the first ingrate to complain about a free goodie bag after saving 20% off. It usually happens a little sooner

Posted 1 year ago #
  21. jndyer

jndyer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have to wait until next Tuesday to receive my order and goody bag. It should be fun to dig in a find out what I have been sent.

Posted 1 year ago #
  22. pandapiper

pandapiper

Login to Send PM

Mine should be with me tomorrow providing the post don't muck up the delivery. I'll happily take a free small cob.. I was just grabbing some pouches while they were on sale along with one of those unfinished stanwells.. I just wish I didn't leave my 20% coupon at home before I left.

Posted 1 year ago #
  23. deathmetal

deathmetal

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I thought the list of stuff in the free goodie bag looked pretty awesome, considering that they're going to have to pay to ship it. Sure, it could be more, and in the past I recall people getting cigars and tins, but a pouch and a travel pipe is not half-bad at all.

Posted 1 year ago #
  24. jaytex969

jaytex969

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Damn Jay, now my eyes hurt.

Harris, I think I have an old pic around here of the other end, if you prefer. You can't see the pipe, though. At least not THAT one....

Posted 1 year ago #
  25. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sure, it could be more, and in the past I recall people getting cigars and tins, but a pouch and a travel pipe is not half-bad at all.
    With the flak P&C has gotten in the past for their free goodie bag, I'm actually surprised they still do it. I wouldn't blame them if they didn't. The 20% off deal was good enough in my opinion. That they still offered a goodie bag, regardless of what's in it, is pretty awesome on their part.

I still can't get over jthewell's comment...

I feel bad complaining since it was free,
    Then why complain if you feel so bad about complaining. Do you feel bad because you know it's FREE and therefore complaining about it is kinda lame and childish?

but if I knew what was in the bag, I would have just bought from smoking pipes.
    Well by all means... they're a great company to do business with too! But then you wouldn't have gotten anything for free. Would you have complained then about them not offering anything for free? Or about them not offering as much of a discount as P&C? Probably not. This kind of nonsense irritates me to no end.

Posted 1 year ago #
  26. prairiedruid

prairiedruid

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Like Anthony I bought from P&C for the 20% discount and the goodie bag was a much appreciated bonus.

Posted 1 year ago #
  27. derfargin

derfargin

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Man, it's nice having a package on the way!!

That's what she said.....

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  28. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That's what she said.....

Posted 1 year ago #
  29. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Jay,

Harris, I think I have an old pic around here of the other end, if you prefer. You can't see the pipe, though. At least not THAT one..

I almost lost my lunch on that first pic, even the thought of a second from your other end will probably give me nightmares.

Posted 1 year ago #
  30. pipesticks

pipesticks

Login to Send PM

Just received my goodie bag. The free MM cob somehow morphed into 3 cheap chinese cobs. 1M replaced by John Bull. No tamper, but I did get a nice Macanudo Travel Mug, which is cool. Otherwise, same goodies as everybody else.

I'll gladly trade the chinese cobs for a bowl or two of McClelland. Any takers?

Posted 1 year ago #
  31. 3rdguy

3rdguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just got mine also. Pipe cleaners and a pouch of Drexel also. Thanks P&C !

Posted 1 year ago #
  32. exbenedict

exbenedict

Login to Send PM

Being new here, and ordering on my first IPSD, I was pleasantly surprised when I checked out at PC that there WAS a free goodie bag. It was just a bonus. I was there for the 20% off, and was happy with that much. Free stuff? BONUS!

Posted 1 year ago #
  33. balkisobrains

balkisobrains

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yeah that goodie bag always seems to leave a sour taste in peoples mouths. People glaze over on the "worth $XXX" hook and get upset when the OTCs and corncobs start showing up, but that is what the goodie bags almost always are. And cigarillos. But if you got the book this time, I actually thought that that sounded pretty cool. And dude above is happy with his travel mug, so there you go. I never buy for the goodie bag though. 20% off, yes. Goodie bag, no.

Posted 1 year ago #
  34. pipesticks

pipesticks

Login to Send PM

I've never had Drexel before, so looking forward to trying that....3 star VAper Flake by STG sounds right up my alley. And I do like John Bull.
    I think I'll try mudding the bottom of one of the chinese cobs just for grins just to see how long it lasts.

Posted 1 year ago #
  35. 3rdguy

3rdguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The book is actually really good. If that is all I got it would have been great!

Oh and the pipe cleaners...a pipe smoker will always take some free pipe cleaners..

Posted 1 year ago #
  36. shanelktown

shanelktown

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Not as good as it used to be but it’s free.....

Posted 1 year ago #
  37. crashthegrey

crashthegrey

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I just didn't have the funds this year. I'm definitely disappointed that I missed out on the book. I don't recall them doing books in the past. What a cool idea. Negativity for free gifts just seems silly. We are definitely lucky that they still do it at all.

Posted 1 year ago #
  38. pipesticks

pipesticks

Login to Send PM

I'm definitely disappointed that I missed out on the book.

The book is very basic and geared towards an introduction for new pipe smokers. Lots of pictures and about an hour to read, so you aren't really missing out on anything. You are better off on Pipedia. I plan to lend mine out to friends new to pipe smoking with a few samples and a complimentary chinese cob.

Posted 1 year ago #
  39. craiginthecorn

craiginthecorn

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Tins of Viprati, Stanwell Classic,and Out of Office rum. That's the same three tins my son-in-law got in a goodie bag last fall. Also a cheap cob. Didn't notice if it's MM, but it's rougher than any MM I've ever had before. Also some short pipe cleaners, a Macanudo drawstring pouch, and a Paracord bracelet. Not fantastic, but the Viprati is nice. I'm pretty happy.

Posted 1 year ago #
  40. jaytex969

jaytex969

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I bought a pipe from a forum member a while back and they threw in a pouch of John Bull.

I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Light latakia with sweet cavendish/VA and nutty burley.

I could smoke it all day, if need be, and not feel deprived.

Harris, for some ungodly reason, I'm growing attached to you, so I'll spare the additional images.

Posted 1 year ago #
  41. pipesticks

pipesticks

Login to Send PM

Tins of Viprati, Stanwell Classic,and Out of Office rum. That's the same three tins my son-in-law got in a goodie bag last fall. Also a cheap cob. Didn't notice if it's MM, but it's rougher than any MM I've ever had before. Also some short pipe cleaners, a Macanudo drawstring pouch, and a Paracord bracelet.

That is exactly the last giveaway I received last year. I think it was from Customer Appreciation Week.

The drawstring pouch comes in handy. The pipe I got in that goodie bag was a mini MM. And I seem to remember a pipe tool too. The paracord bracelet makes a decent travel pipe stand.

Posted 1 year ago #
  42. 3rdguy

3rdguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I just didn't have the funds this year. I'm definitely disappointed that I missed out on the book. I don't recall them doing books in the past. What a cool idea. Negativity for free gifts just seems silly. We are definitely lucky that they still do it at all.

PM me your address and I will send you my extra copy.

Posted 1 year ago #
  43. doverpipes

doverpipes

Login to Send PM

CHINESE CORN COB PIPES? WTF???
    Three garbage Chinese cobs. I would have rather had a single Missouri Meerschaum......
    Not smoking Chinese cobs, nope not going to do it.

Posted 1 year ago #
  44. cortezattic

Cortez

A part of the problem since he ...

Login to Send PM

I didn't buy anything from P&C on this IPSD, but I do understand some of the disappointment. You're expecting "goodies" -- and they must be good because the company is going out of its way to provide them. But a free bag of crap is still crap, and being disappointed is not the same as lacking appreciation for what the company did. They offered a 20% discount! That's better than anybody else, as far as I know.

I find myself sitting idly on the line dividing past and future,
    as if I could kill time without injuring eternity. -- Thoreau
    Posted 1 year ago #
  45. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Free's free, it's as simple as that in my opinion. You won't see me complaining if my Goodie Bag comes with cheap Chinese cobs. Heck, even if I don't think I'll ever smoke them, I can still do something with them... give them away, save them for a snow man, paint them red and green and throw glitter on them and a wire to make a Christmas tree ornament. I've already got the book, but I offered the new one to a friend of mine, so that's all good. And if I don't like the tobacco, I'll gift that as well. They offered a 20% discount, plus they lowered their free shipping limit. I was more than happy with that.

Posted 1 year ago #
  46. User has not uploaded an avatar

groovesmith75

Login to Send PM

I gave all 3 of my Chinese cobs to a friend last night he doesn't have a pipe, gave him a tamper and some tobacco. I did forget the cleaners lol.

Posted 1 year ago #
  47. exbenedict

exbenedict

Login to Send PM

All I know, I got home tonight, got my package out of the mail, opened it up, went straight to my NEW Peterson Outdoorsman 68, filled it with some Vintage Syrian, and am enjoying it right now. The free goodies haven't even been touched yet....I got my 20% off and I'm golden.

Posted 1 year ago #
  48. skydog

skydog

Login to Send PM

I was happy with the free book (although I did notice they misspelled Henderson, NC in a picture caption near the end, my mother's family is from Henderson so the extra "s" stuck out like a sore thumb). I'll never smoke the Chinese cobs since I have so many quality MM cobs lying around but I'm not complaining about something that is free. I bought for the 20% off not hoping I'd get something amazing in the goodie bag.

Posted 1 year ago #
  49. pipesticks

pipesticks

Login to Send PM

I'm reserving one of the chinese cobs for Mixture 79. I couldn't resist grabbing a 2 ounce sample given the hype 79 has received recently on the youtubes.
    MAN, that stuff smells GODawful yet oddly appealing in a "Watch me smoke THIS" circus tent sort of way.

Posted 1 year ago #
  50. plugugly

plugugly

Login to Send PM

Shoot, freebies were one of the things that got me interested in pipes in the first place. Freebies were from,like, YEARS ago but still done by tobacconists? It convinced me that there was something special to the hobby. Good on you P&C. Honorable, old style retail lives on.

Plugugly

Lead,Follow-Or Get Out Of The Way!
    Posted 1 year ago #
  51. craiginthecorn

craiginthecorn

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yesterday, I received the goodie bag. Today, I received an email saying that my order of Drexel VII and a copy of the Pipes book had shipped. Strange, but I hear the Drexel is surprisingly good. I already had a copy of the book. It’s pretty good for someone who’s just getting into the hobby.

Posted 1 year ago #
  52. User has not uploaded an avatar

k9shag

Login to Send PM

i received three cobs, 2 pouches (John Bull, and Erin go Braugh), pipe cleaners, and a Macanudo travel cup. free is free

Posted 1 year ago #
  53. doverpipes

doverpipes

Login to Send PM

Macanudo travel cup?
    I didn't receive one of those!
    I would rather have that than the three Chinese garbage cobs........

Posted 1 year ago #
  54. blendtobac

blendtobac

Tobacco Blender Extraordinaire

Login to Send PM

In the past it was a lot easier to ask for help from our business partners, but with regulations, a tight economy, etc., fewer companies have "swag" available. Some companies have still contributed, and for that, we're very grateful. We will do our best to keep the ball rolling, but it keeps getting harder to do.

Russ

Posted 1 year ago #
  55. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Russ, just know that even if it was nothing but pipe cleaners, many of us are grateful.

Posted 1 year ago #
  56. zitotczito

zitotczito

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Russ, there will always be people who will never be happy, a fact of life. I am one of those people who has always been grateful for all you try to do.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   jiminks, derhammer, dino, chefbenny