PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tygh

Lurker
Sep 21, 2016
Once again, P&C drops the ball. Just received some no-name brand coffee for the Peterson coffee I have been waiting since their Feb 20th special. No note explaining the reasoning at all.
I returned as a customer after all their shipping problems to use the gift card they gave me. I ordered a pipe in mid-May. Had a problem with the pipe and it took weeks to get any response. Now, a month later, I still have not received any refund.
Have tried to stay loyal, but their lack of customer service forces me to go elsewhere most times.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
:roll: :nana: BFD I just received the same bag of coffee. I DID receive 5 bags of the Peterson back when the deal happened. I was owed another when all the crap happened with their warehouse software. This is P&C making up for what they ran out of back then.

p4ttythep3rf3ct

Might Stick Around
Mar 2, 2015
FWIW, the Peterson coffee wasn't particularly great. At least with the no-name brand you have a chance that it might be more palatable.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I have read lots of posts about this company and their poor Customer Service and/or shipping issues.
Does their management care that customers are dissatisfied? Customers may not always share a good experience with a retailer BUT they always share an unpleasant experience.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Does their management care that customers are dissatisfied?
They sent a $50 apology voucher and ran the IPSD discount again. Whenever I have had an issue they have taken care of it quickly and to my satisfaction. I do agree that Smoking Pipes has a better shipping department but my last 2 P&C orders were packed better.

raevans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2013
Not everyone has an issue with them. I have always received exactly what I have ordered from them. I will say though, that I do not order anything that is showing backordered. Also, I usually don't order when they are offering some sort of "special" that requires plugging in a discount code. I usually order about a half dozen times a year from P&C. (About the same amount as I order from Smokingpipes and 4 Noggins. Never had an issue with them either). Guess I am one of the lucky ones.

Jan 8, 2013
The sad thing is.... I've never had a problem with P&C myself. But there are just so many stories going around right now here, and on Facebook, and elsewhere, that I just can't bring myself to stick up for them anymore. And I haven't ordered from them in quite some time. At first it was because I knew they were having issues when they revamped their site. Later it was because those problems weren't getting fixed. And now because I'm still hearing so many horror stories. I do sincerely hope they can get things fixed soon because I do believe that they do care. But they have some series issues they need to work out and work out soon. I WANT to shop with P&C, but until they get thing back on track, I won't.

tygh

Lurker
Sep 21, 2016
Woodsroad,

It is just another example of their poor customer service. They promised Peterson coffee and then send something else with not a single word of explanation. How is that acceptable?

tygh

Lurker
Sep 21, 2016
Prairiedruid,

I used the $50 voucher to get a new pipe......that needed to be returned. It has been a month and I still have no refund for the difference between the voucher and the price of the pipe. Numerous messages, but no action taken on their part. It's as if they have no one working in their Customer Service department.

Not everyone has an issue with them. I have always received exactly what I have ordered from them. I will say though, that I do not order anything that is showing backordered. Also, I usually don't order when they are offering some sort of "special" that requires plugging in a discount code. I usually order about a half dozen times a year from P&C. (About the same amount as I order from Smokingpipes and 4 Noggins. Never had an issue with them either). Guess I am one of the lucky ones.
They are a business. They will attempt to get stuff correct. It all depends on how many times they are correct vs. how many times they are not.
A good measure would be 6 sigma - 3.4 errors per 1 million sales, which translates to 99.9997% accuracy rate. Six sigma hard to achieve, but if a online shop has an accuracy of less than 99.5% then I would be very hesitant to buy.
That is the reason, after reading about rants in this forum, I have made a decision not to buy from them.

bluegrasspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2017
Now I am nervous, as I ordered a few things on back order last week.. I hope it turns out ok. I did receive a broken tavern pipe and had a gift certificate which I used in conjunction with their sale to buy a bunch of leaf..

They did take care of me when I received the damaged item, but some of the emails took a while for a response.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
their lack of customer service forces me to go elsewhere most times
I reached that point long ago, got that $50 peace offering email and deleted the dam thing, my principals cant be bought off, I unsubscribed from their list last summer but have yet to be removed, they just cant get anything right

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
I made my comment in another thread. I just want to say here that I hope they get things in order. We need to keep our resources in business.
Note to Site owners and Sellers of fine product: I do click on links and try new places based on who advertises here. I also am loyal to those whom I have good experiences with.

filmshooter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2017
My last order went fine and arrived in two days with free shipping. I'm pretty close to them. But packaging could be better, I swear they have an accountant counting the cost per inch of packing tape.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Over the few years I have dealt with the company, no problems. No complaints. They seem to ship in a timely manner, package well and fill the invoice (never a "back order"). Guess I just live right and have good timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.