PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
P&C Customer Appreciation Sampler and Goodie Box
At the risk of seeming to be a shill for P&C - and 4 Nogggins -- and SmokingPipes, I thought members might be interested in knowing about this sale. It includes a pipe lighter, bags, cleaners, a Sheffield pipe, and several tins of tobacco. I believe the reps said that the kit itself contained over 16 items. In addition, they promise a goody box filled with unspecified contents. My understanding is that this previously offered special sells out quickly, so thus the post.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Don't think it will do any good. The special is today only. The special is today only. Maybe someone who purchased last year could tell us what they got. But I wouldn't be surprised if the contents of the goody boxes aren't uniform. I suspect they might just stuff them with remnants of discontinued products.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Okay I didn't bite yesterday, so I jumped today, mainly because the goodie bag I missed the last time they had one, was actually pretty nice. I will report back when I get it.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I had that exact thought! Ha ha.
I ditto your ditto...
My favourite is when the goody bags run out, and the righteous indignation begins. As someone who can't order from P&C, the cluster cuss that this promotion always causes makes me giggle. Now where's my damn popcorn popper...
-- Pat

catyrpelius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 9, 2014
New Jersey
The IPSD goody box was pretty neat so I took a chance on this one.
My P&C stuff usually shows up pretty quick so I'll let everyone know what I get.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like to hand pick my pipes, blends and accessories but I did use the 20% discount yesterday, now expired, for a Dutch pipe I've been needing to round out my nations represented, and I sent the promotion code to a family member who is gifting me with some McClellands Christmas Cheer, so I feel fully appreciated as a customer.

dustmite

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
It will be interesting to see if the two that jumped on this get the same stuff.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
All the goodie boxes contain the same items. They don't contain discontinued items, but are made up of products where we get some helps from the manufacturers in terms promotional help.
Russ

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
As much as I wanted to take advantage of the sale yesterday and now this promotion I'm making myself hold off because of the no shipping to Canada. I could get it sent to my mailbox in Maine but instead Smokingpipes is sending me a new Peterson. To my door, imagine that!

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I received my goodie bag today and I am OUTRAGED!!!
The tins of tobacco were not wrapped in virgin lambs wool and may have been compromised!
The bulk tobacco wasnt in zip-loc bags but rather some off-brand. (I can tell)
And I don't know if Russ is losing it or what, but I found a chunk - A CHUNK goddammmit - of Latakia on the free sample of Larry's Blend. What the hell?
The Dunhill pipe included was a 1988 - bah! That was the year the factory moved away from polishing new pipes with silk handkerchiefs and transitioned over to cotton cloth. (We refer to these pipes as "post-transition" Dunhills.) A disgrace.
My free packet of pipe cleaners contained precisely 24, rather than the advertised 25 --- I counted! So they're liars to boot! Where's the quality control??!!
And while the pipe tool says "Czech Republic", I can tell it was actually made in CHINA!
Overall, a total disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.