PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
From the P&C site for the Aromatic Blend: "Bastard Blend Aromatic gives you three aromatic pipe tobaccos in pouches, inside a jar. Use the three tobaccos in various combinations and proportions to create your own new favorite blend. You receive one pouch each of a vanilla black Cavendish, a cherry blend and a cocoa-based Burley. Have fun making your own Bastard Blend."

bryguysc

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2015
That reminds me of a thought I had a little while ago.
If the individual tobacco components are on the pre-2007 list, I wonder if blenders could sell "kits" to make your own batch of a discontinued blend. Obviously, not a solution for everything, but it could be fun, with a bit of a thumbing-of-the-nose thrown in. You get separate blending components, in the right ratios. Mix it up, jar it to rest for the required time, and there you go.
P&C could have Russ' Monthly DIY blend.

May 4, 2015
If the individual tobacco components are on the pre-2007 list, I wonder if blenders could sell "kits" to make your own batch of a discontinued blend. Obviously, not a solution for everything, but it could be fun, with a bit of a thumbing-of-the-nose thrown in. You get separate blending components, in the right ratios. Mix it up, jar it to rest for the required time, and there you go.
Any such "kit" would need its own approval, as it would be its own SKU.
You could buy bulk components based on a posted recipe, though. But a "kit" would be an application.

bryguysc

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2015
Any such "kit" would need its own approval, as it would be its own SKU.
You could buy bulk components based on a posted recipe, though. But a "kit" would be an application.
880838.gif

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
This seems like some kind of promotion to get rid of blends they can't sell

Jan 8, 2013
A while ago, when P&C announced they would have to get rid of the My Own Blend system, I asked Russ if by chance they could save My Own Blend by just bagging up the components so that you could mix them all yourself at home. He wasn't 100% sure but his opinion was yes. I'm willing to bet this is one idea they are trying.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Bastard Blends aren't a P&C product. They're from Lane Limited, to allow people to try their hand at blending at home. These are not tobaccos that didn't move. They are tried and true components that have been used and sold (very well) for years.
Russ

Jan 8, 2013
Thanks for the information, Russ. I personally think it's a great idea. Most of probably won't become master blenders, but it opens up another aspect of the hobby, that I personally enjoy. I've been trying to get into blending at home, and I have one under my belt that turned out quite nice. I like to think of this, and the C&D blending kit as a way to get started.

Status
Not open for further replies.