PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Of course they announce a nice big sale AFTER I put in an order earlier today. I left a message asking if it could be applied to my order which wasn't just a couple tins.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Of course they announce a nice big sale AFTER I put in an order earlier today.
Likewise. I placed two orders with them this week for many pounds of tobacco. Oh well, I will make next week's purchase tomorrow instead.

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
@agnostic - I'm pretty sure there's no promo code. I think everything is automatically marked down. So the total you have should be with the 20% off.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
the promo code is 'loyal' per their email.
wish they would do something about that terrible web site.
you can't see your total including the discount until you check-out.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Cake, are you sure the discount didn't simple bump you down out of a shipping perk bracket? Perhaps you qualified for discount shipping based on the total and then no longer did with the discount? Just a thought.

bookn3rd5

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2012
Had to take advantage of this (even though I just placed a very large order with sp); a few tins and some bulk baccy on the way :)

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Cake, are you sure the discount didn't simple bump you down out of a shipping perk bracket? Perhaps you qualified for discount shipping based on the total and then no longer did with the discount? Just a thought.
That's what I thought. You may have been at $100, qualified for free shipping, entered the code, knocked you down to $80, no longer qualified for free shipping.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I had to get 2 more pounds of ODF to cellar away(Love that Stuff & will only get better with age)...

May 31, 2012
...wish they would do something about that terrible web site.

+1
I really dislike the redesign, the old one was much easier to navigate,

and I don't like the "shop now" terminology, it's a bit girly.
Sadly, somebody recently bought that $345 Becker I had an eye on,

that would have been an absolute steal with 20% off!!!
I almost went for the $303 Gamboni with this special sale, it'd be like what, $240?

A bargain for that maker even though it's only a "putting green".
I briefly considered re-upping my supply of Esoterica Hastings because nobody else has it, but their ridiculous $50 price is stoopid.

curl

Apr 29, 2014
Okay fine.

I used the discount to sample a few different blends.

Plum Pudding by Seattle Pipe Club

PS Lux Navy Flake

And a mild cherry blend by H&H.
Yes, I am a cheap bastard, but in my defense I just bought a few pounds two weeks ago.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
so I look over the pipes and pull up a few for details and under color I see assorted? so do I get the next one at the top of the barrel? they need to hire Smoking Pipe's or 4Noggins web designers. tobacco is tobacco. but, would like a little details of their pipes. if some HS student handed in that web site design as a project I would nicely tell him maybe computers wasn't his thing.

antbauers

Jul 12, 2013
LOYAL - good thing you guys were here to correct me. I wouldn't felt really guilty about anyone making a purchase but missing out on the 20% off.
The friend that told me about the sale said he received the email around 8pm so the 24 hours will countdown from around that time. Then again he didn't tell me about the promo code, so does anyone know when it ends?

Status
Not open for further replies.