PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobakenist

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Middle England
I don't know what tobacco tins you get in the USA and the rest of the pipe smoking world, every tin that I buy here in the UK has a paper label stuck to the lid instead of the paint printed lids that we used to get. I know it must be cheaper just to stick a label on but when I pay the extra for a Dunhill blend I still get a paper label. I know that there are a lot of tobacco tin collectors out there, surely they are not going to be happy having a paper label where there use to be a printed lid, it may drive up the collectors price for older tins. I just don't like this cheaper packaging.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
I have a feeling that the stick on labels were result of having to have those nasty health warnings on the product. It's a lot cheaper to print labels than to change the silk screening process to paint the tins.

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
The large European manufacturers sell the same blends in many countries, eaxh of which has its own requirements for what info and warnings the tin must contain. By using the paper labels, the manufacturer can use the same tin for all markets just by sticking on a different label.

Status
Not open for further replies.