PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Do any of you guys have resolutions related to our hobby? My PAD related one is to take more time in the selection of my new pipes since my collection has grown to proportions I never thought it would. My TAD related one is to buy more of the blends I know I like, and quit sampling so many random blends that catch my attention. The only problem is that there are a multitude of blends that I really like!

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I'm about 18 months in and this year I want to focus more on pipes. I spent the first year getting acquainted with blends and building a nice budgeted pipe selection. This year I want to focus on getting 1-3 higher quality pipes. I'd say I'm leaning Italian but then I see a outstanding Danish pipe that always makes we waiver. Then in creeps the Irish and the Turks...

Jan 8, 2013
My new years pipe related resolutions include acquiring a St Patty's Day 2014 Peterson. I got a 2013 for St Patty's this year and I really want to make a tradition out of it. I had hoped to do the same with Christmas Pipes beginning this year but was unable to make that happen. I also intend to to purchase another Nording or two to add to my collection of those, or perhaps Danish pipes of another maker. I've seen quite a few that I like. So I'm still torn between collecting Danish pipes or just Nording pipes. I would like to get a hold of an American made pipe, as well as a morta at some point. I'm not certain I'll be able to make all my pipe related resolutions, but if I can make one or two of those I'll be pleased.
As far as tobacco related resolutions... I would like to stock up on the tobaccos I've grown to love in my first year as a pipe smoker. I'll try to start with cellaring away at least 2 pounds of Hearth and Home Black House and McClelland's Blue Mountain. I will probably continue trying new tobaccos in my search for those blends that I must have on hand at all times. I liked Christmas Cheer, so I'm thinking I'll try more McClelland's virginias. I'll likely start up a journal so I can remember which blends I liked the most and how each blend smokes in a certain pipe....
... I may buy stock in mason jars...
I intend to completely do away with cigarettes. I'd rather put the money I waste on those toward pipes and tobacco.
And above all, I intend to enjoy the pipes I have however few or many, enjoy the tobacco I have, and enjoy the hobby to it's fullest.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
My PAD/TAD resolution would be to acquire some American made artisan pipes as my budget allows.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
PAD resolution is no pipes purchased in 2014 except for money gotten from thinning my current herd.
TAD is to stock up on my 10 fav list, which still has 1 spot open so a few to try along the way.
(On the pipe resolution I GUESS I can break the rules for all the free pipes you guys want to send me)

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
I plan on focusing on purchasing vintage Kaywoodies . They are my favorite pipes and I have purchased some excellent cool smokers for less than 30 dollars . TAD I plan on trying some new blends and finding an aromatic that I enjoy as well makes my wife happy with the smell :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.