PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonypuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2011
So i had a moment of weakness the other day while browsing a certain website that sells Smokingpipes and purchased a rather attractive Savinelli Oscar Tiger
002-033-5721.jpg
And this morning was my first chance since i purchased it to have my first bowl...It smoked fantastic with a little Carter Hall and i was being ever so careful as to not get the bowl too hot but apparantly i failed....the finish on the top half of the bowl bubbled :( kind of thinking about removing the finish of the top half of the bowl...

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Contact the vendor with a picture of what happened. Maybe a replacement in it for you. Our site sponsors are very good at customer service and will probably work with you.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Well, if you believe it was your fault... I wouldn't ask the vendor to see what he could do for me... but that's just me.
And.... let's see some photos of this bubbly pipe! :puffy:
Nice pipe btw

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
I know I've smoked pipes SUPER hot in the wind before, and never seen the finish bubble. It sounds to me like a manufacturers defect, you should contact the retailer.

tonypuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2011
Here are some pictures i took, clickable to my photobucket because the pictures are very large...i dont know if it was user error as i was smoking slowly..the bubbles are small but it turned the finish from a nice glossy black to a slightly charcoalish rough....and around the top of the rim of the bowl the finish has kind of yellowed? which stands out way more in the pictures which arent the best since ive had too much coffee and have caffeine shakes hah

harrier52

Can't Leave
Aug 7, 2011
I tend to smoke on the hot side myself as i smoke outdoors alot at work and ive never hand the finish on one of my Savinellis bubble up on me.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
You would have had to have held a blowtorch to the thing to cause that effect.

I s'pose you could have been the cause but that's pretty hard to imagine.

Send the pics to the vendor and see what they would like to do.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
I've never seen a Sav do that before either, I would contact the retailer or manufacturer and see what they can do for you. Sorry it had to happen to you.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I would contact the seller and have them return the pipe to Savinelli for replacement.
Absitively!
Every pipe can't be perfect, but that seems just a bad piece of briar, and the defect may have been a hole or something just below the finish, and not discoverable.... then again... it is a rusty.

damien83

Might Stick Around
Aug 2, 2011
Yeah I agree with the rest, contact the seller and get it taken care off, I have 2 Savinelli pipes with that same finish and I smoke em hot more than I really should come clean about lol, and the finish is still just as perfect as the day I got them.

tonypuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2011
Im kind of hesitant to contact the e-tailer, according to their website they will do a refund/exchange but i dont want a refund and i would only want to exchange it for the same pipe because i really really like it...and they dont have any of this particular model left...SOL methinks.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Maybe contact Savinelli directly and see if they have advice for you? You may just have to sand the top down and restain it if nothing else pans out. I've never seen a Sav do that.

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
They might do something like a gift card so you can get a pipe you want when they come in...just a thought. Never hurts to ask.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
yeah i would contact them, pipes are full of burning materials, not only that but you put a burning stick into the top, the rim is bound to get touched by fire itself and certainly shouldn't bubble.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
I'm with everyone else, I would talk to the vendor. Any reputable one will be more than willing to sort it out in a way that will satisfy you. I'm sure that it was something to do with a bad finish as it shouldn't have bubbled or discolored.

Status
Not open for further replies.