PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I've been eyeing this pipe for a couple of weeks since someone posted about buying a pipe from these guys and I finally couldn't take it anymore. I tried to hold out so as to take as much money as possible to the Chattanooga pipe show, but this pipe just called to me. I love the bent egg shape, probably my favorite pipe shape and had been watching a Nording that was very similar, but it required a filter or filter adapter so I went with this Stanwell bent egg from Two Friends pipes. Can't wait to get it and hope it will come in before the show so I have a new pipe to smoke. And I still have enough funds to perhaps procure a pipe at the show. Here is a link to the pic of it. http://www.twofriendspipes.com/estate-pipes.html#PhotoSwipe1378676124498

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I know what you mean, I was trying to save as much as possible for the Chattanooga show as well. I ended up buying a new Peterson and 7 or 8 tins of tobacco over the weekend. Maybe I'll still have a little to spend at the show! Congrats on the pipe!

pchitti

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
Man I pulled the link up and saw 16k. Was like holy hell and you still have money for the show? lol
Some gorgeous pipes on that page.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Haha no disrespect to Bo Nordh but I just can't imagine a pipe being worth 16000 dollars. There are many carvers that I would love to own, but will never be able to afford, that is one thing that is great about pipes like Stanwell or Neerup or Nording. You can get similar shapes and quality for a fraction of the price. I of course love Lars Ivarsson and S.Bang, but if I ever splurg I think it will be on a J. Allen Pipe.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Beautiful pipe... Congrats! I just got a Bjarne in the mail today; PAD is definitely in the air. I'm with ya on price too; I have over 30 pipes and I've only spent more than $100 on one of them. The majority of them are less than $50 and they are all fine smokers.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Weird, I know I posted on this thread, but I don't see it. Anyway Dave - congrats, that is a gorgeous Stanwell.

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
Man I pulled the link up and saw 16k. Was like holy hell and you still have money for the show? lol
HA! I did the same thing! Saw the top of that page and nearly soiled my nickers! :rofl:
Congratulations Shaintiques, that is indeed a beautiful pipe. The color and wood grain really pop and looks classy as all get out.
Happy Piping! :puffy:

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I've bought pipes before, but never had such service as this. I bought it Sunday, they shipped it yesterday and it arrived today. I've had lots of communication with the guys at Two Friends Pipes and will definitely buy from them again. And the pipe, well the pipe is even more gorgeous in person than it was in the pics. Beautiful straight grains and birdseye on the bottom and back near the shank. I love it, it fits my face well too and is a great hanger. Just what I've been looking for. Plan to smoke it in a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.