PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I have now, about 14 assorted estate briar pipes but haven't ever lucked into or paid the price for some of the more 'desirable' sort...this one caught my eye because of its grain. I think it's straight, but it might be flame?

I bid on it and 'they' let me have it.
I don't know what Carlin would say.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111502559992?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
That's a great looking pipe newbroom. And the price paid was unbelievable. Excellent catch.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Thanks Max. I couldn't believe I got it for that price. The grain looks extraordinary. I still cannot characterize it with any confidence. Is it flame or is it straight? or...is there some kind of hybrid?

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I think that definitely qualifies as straight grain. The orientation is right, anyhow. Sure, there's more regular straight grain out there, but for 10 bucks? That's a nice older pipe and I bet it smokes great.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Very nice catch. I bought an LHS Purex bent bulldog from the same seller. He's got some other goodies that may be of interest..... Naw, I'm way over my PAD budget for November already. They are all yours, newbroom!

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I agree, tuold, he had a few I would have liked to pop on...but that one I did..I hope it's as good as it looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.