PAD Turns Into TAD

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by coalsmoke
  • Latest reply from dragonslayer
  1. coalsmoke

coalsmoke

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just as a note, on-line ordering doesn't always show real-time inventory as members have already experienced in the past. The MacQueen Ranger that I ordered showed 'in stock' status, and when I placed my order it then went to 'out of stock' status. I had thought that I ordered the last one, but alas...I received an out of stock email. It appears that a phone order took the last one and it wasn't reflected in the inventory on line. Since my card was charged and it would take some weeks to get more Rangers in stock, I did what I had to do...have the pipe order replaced with a tobacco order! I'm having 8oz of MM965 and another tin of Reiner LGF sent out. The friendly staff member kept the shipping cost the same for my inconvenience. All is well...What I think I'll do is just save up and get a good Savinelli! In the meantime, I'll wait, kick back, and enjoy some more of my favorite blends.

Russ
    Smoking a pipe is true relaxation...everything else is too much like work.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. rockrat

rockrat

Login to Send PM

Sounds like the right thing to do!....I Like your decision!

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I dunno. If I ever got the itch to get a churchwarden, I'd get a Stanwell HCS. That way, when the hype from Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies wear off, the HCS comes with two stems, so I'll have the "normal" stem to use thereafter

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. coalsmoke

coalsmoke

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The only pipe in the MacQueen line that I like is the Ranger, but the other churchwarden that I like from Johs is sold out, too. S'okay...There's a Sav bent Rhodesian that I'll save up for. I eventually want to have a couple of nice Savs and another Pete to get, but all in good time as I scheme and connive while waiting for the budget to allow. These are readily available, affordable, and I don't have to put up with slow production and wait times. If I have to wait, I'll wait for my money to be there for one of those and get the Ranger whenever I have the extra cash. Hey, there are priorities when it comes to buying pipes from my wish list, ya know?

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. dragonslayer

dragonslayer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have a total TAD. My PAD is actually a MPMPAD. My Personally Made PAD. When the cellar is full, I may get into high end pipe purchases, but come spring I'm turning my own. The pipes will always be there, the tobacco will be too expensive or not available.

The only exception is that damn Honey pipe, gnawing at the back of my mind.

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” Patrick Henry
    Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   brian64, darwin, sablebrush52, rsuninv, dieseltech, wyfbane, phil67, mrenglish, peckinpahhombre, dmcmtk, tbradsim1, phil24, trailboss, melvinsunsmokedcastello, elpfeife, jfox520