PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Had not planned another pipe buy this year, as I am attempting to bolster up my cellar, but love a well executed Danish! :mrgreen:
http://m.smokingpipes.com/pipes/estate/denmark/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=177916

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
They very recently had a Nording freehand, and an unsmoked Preben Holm that got away. Wasn't about to let this one get away. Picked up a tin of Dan Tobacco's Sweet Vanilla Honeydew as well. Not sure yet if it will be for this pipe yet, though it did sound interesting.

zachstorm

Lurker
Apr 3, 2015
Florida
PAD strikes are a dangerous thing. My most recent has left me smoking an extremely handsome Peterson Kinsale Smooth XL 15 this evening.

search

edit: Can't get the photo to upload properly :/ You'll just have to google it! Fair warning though, if PAD creeps up on when looking at it, it's a pretty big pipe. Anyway, sorry for my photo illiteracy. Hope everyone has had a great weekend!

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Have been slapping my hand at several pipe purchases, but something about that convex crown, and the sinuous curvature of that Winslow had me looking at the "Thank you for your purchase" screen before I knew it!
@zachstorm

Very nice bulldog!

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Have smoked the Winslow twice now, and it is a very fine smoker. Very open draw, hangs well in the jaw, and fills the hand quite nicely. Though not a dedicated aro smoker, the Sweet Vanilla Honeydew is a very nice puff. The vanilla, isn't artificially sweet like OTC's; it has more the smell of natural vanilla extract, and a very natural taste with a sweetness and almost honey quality. With the retrohale, and aftertaste, there is a slight melon taste that is not at all unpleasant, and even when pushed, I could not get it to bite. The tobacco itself, looks to be of very fine quality, and the cut reminds me of Pease's Sixpence. The tin moisture is perfect for loading straight into the pipe, but personally prefer drying all my tobaccos a bit before smoking. I would definitely recommend this one to the aro smokers, and non aro smokers might like to give it a go, as I was left with no chemical after taste. I think my Winslow will be dedicated to this blend, or at the very least, a dedicated vanilla pipe. Extremely pleased with both purchases.
Happy smoking,

Duane

Status
Not open for further replies.