PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
I have a couple PAD questions and I'm open for any and all opinions
#1 is it considered a PAD when you order or receive pipe(s)

#2 is there a cure for it? If so, I need to avoid the cure

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
I think its PAD when you have ordered three pipes from three different sellers that you have not received yet, but you are looking at a forth pipe and debating with yourself to press or not the Confirm Order button.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
1) Yes. (Footnote 1: while Roth is correct that temporarily letting the disease run its course can "break" the fever for a small time, infection by TAD [Tobacco Acquisition Disorder also can, but not always, temporarily assuage the affliction)
2) No. (Footnote 2: See Roth/Lawrence answer above)
In a nutshell, it is my educated opinion that you are SCREWED.
Welcome to the club.
Smoke on.
:puffpipe:

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
Thanks for all the help. Since Needlepoint is out of the question, I will just have to try and moderate my "window shopping" and limit to two or three purchases a month.
I am at my self-imposed limit already having just taking possession of a SmokinDragon cob, and have ordered another Santia Cob and a Meerschaum from BAKI.
Also, I used to think that PAD & TAD were inherited illnesses, but I am starting to believe it can be caught by simply standing in a room with a pipe smoker. My Nephew by marriage never understood pipes being he was a cigar smoker...now he is trying to keep up with me in buying pipes & tobacco. :rofl:

dermotfahy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
Chronic PAD is spending too much money on pipes.
I always thought that chronic PAD was mythical, surely it is impossible to spend too much on pipes?

Status
Not open for further replies.