PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I thought I would use my 1400th post to look at a phenomena that afflicts quite a few here, namely PAD or Posting Addiction Disorder. There are many theories on the causes of this malady. Some say it is caused by the incredible boredom of work life, others have put forward the novel theory that its a way of ignoring your wife without the urge to build a new swimming pool with her as part of the foundations. The 'disorder' can take on a variety forms such as compulsive discussion of one brand or tobacco whilst advancing the theory that all other blends taste like 'Swan Farts' or Owl Pellets. Other symptoms can include obsessions about one style of pipe to the general exclusion of everything else which has the effect of generating long turgid picture laden posts. Other give away signs of P.A.D are the manic personality and scary eyes that the poor afflicted soul has in the final stages of advanced P.A.D. There is no agreed cure for P.A.D however it is thought it might be a mild form of Aspergers syndrome but should you encounter one of these disturbed individuals just nod sagely and smile whilst shuffling off to the next exhibit/member etc and inoculate yourself with a couple of large scotches.

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
" glug...glug...glug..."
Right that's the scotch poured, now on the consistency of owl pellets, please continue
:puffy:

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@Woodsroad …… Very small chaps but with incredibly strong hands……. and the entire rack of pipes was made out of rubber match sticks! :rofl:

May 31, 2012
It's beyond my control,

out of my grasp.
I'm driven,

nay,

compulsed,

to post obsessive minutia,

and,

I cannot stop myself.
For instance,

at this very moment

a force compels me

to post up some

Medieval Welsh Poetry!
Yr aelwyt honn a’e goglyt gawr,

Mwy gordyfnassei ar y llawr

Med a meduon yn eiriawl.
Yr aelwyt honn, neus kud dynat,

Tra vu vyw y gwercheitwat...
Yr aelwyt honn, neus cud glessin.

Ym myw Owein ac Elphin,

Berwassei y pheir breiddin.
Yr aelwyt honn, neus cud kallawdyr llwyt.

Mwy gordyfnassei am y bwyt

Cledyual dyual diarswyt.
Yr aelwyt honn, neus cud kein vieri.

Coet kynneuawc oed idi.

Gordyfnassei Reget rodi.
Yr aelwyt honn, neus cud drein.

Mwy gordyfnassei y chyngrein

Kymwynas kyweithas Owein.
Yr aelwyt honn, neus cud myr.

Mwy gordyfnassei babir

Gloew, a chyuedeu kywir.
Yr aelwyt honn, neus cud tauawl.

Mwy gordyfnassei ar yr llawr

Med a medwon yn eiryawl.
Yr aelwyt honn, neus clad hwch.

Mwy gordyfnassei elwch

Gwyr, ac am gyrn kyuedwch.
Yr aelwyt honn, neus clad kywen.

Nys eidigauei anghen

Ym myw Owein ac Vryen.
Yr ystwffwl hwnn, a’r hwnn draw.

Mwy gordyfnassei amdanaw

Elwch llu a llwybyr arnaw.​
127994.jpg

127993.jpg

images

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Steady on old fellow don't you think you are better off with you cheese label, I mean tobacco label collection? Welsh poetry is a derivative of Vogon poetry!

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
There is no agreed cure for P.A.D however it is thought it might be a mild form of Aspergers syndrome but should you encounter one of these disturbed individuals just nod sagely and smile whilst shuffling off to the next exhibit/member etc and inoculate yourself with a couple of large scotches.
Creepy...

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
Surprise Sparks hasn't chimed in on this thread. He's racked up more posts in as little time than anyone I recall in any board. And thats not a bad thing either, I love reading his opinions, thoughts and experiences as well as others.
An active board is a joy to be a part of.

Status
Not open for further replies.