Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting for me at home was my RO PAD. Yeh, I know, one of these things is not like the others, ha ha. I wasn't able to stock up like I would want, in pounds, because they were priced fairly but expencive, nonetheless. But, I am anxious to jump in and start sampling the artistry of Russ, especially the Virginias processes like perique. Mmmmmm...

Feel free to discuss your impressions of Russ's amzing perique artwork on here also.

E57998BE-4FC8-4E7F-AD71-C81953D21250_zpscvrjf13h.jpg

gsmunoz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2016
What an awesome score! Keep us in the loop as you try them.
Also, I agree with you, that artwork is perfect. A fine tribute to Russ indeed!

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
So far I have only smoked the Acadian VaPer. It is delightful. So different from the average VaPer.

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
You lucky duck! If you don't like them, I'll be happy to dispose of the Periques for you...

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
Nice haul.

Thanks for leaving some for the rest of the unwashed masses (I just checked & all are still listed as In Stock at P&C).

Maybe out of my budget limits at this time (& likely to sold out later).

Enjoy & share your impressions.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
I've been eyeballing those Perique blends. Tell us how they smoke. For now, I must live vicariously through you. :worship:

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
I don't review very well but at least half of my smoking is various VaPers. For me, most VaPers vary by degree but they are all similar.
This is different like Haddos is different. They are not at all alike, but they are not "normal".
I'm not sure I can afford it, but I am going to buy a lot more.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
These are intriguing and I have only gotten my hands on the pure VA Gold so I far. I would love to stock up on these but I've already invested my money on other tobaccos. Very interested to hear your thoughts as you try each blend.

mackeson

Mar 29, 2016
Funny thing Cosmic, that looks a lot like one of my recent orders. I love me some VAPer!

I have yet to get Fire Storm, but it's one about which I've recently become curious.

-Enjoy!

bigtex

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2015
TX
I can speak from experience about the Fire Storm and it is good! Fire Storm has some balls to it, at least in my opinion and is quite tastey as well. I recently ordered the rest of the perique series and it has not arrived yet.
Enjoy!

mackeson

Mar 29, 2016
okay, okay. Arm twisted. I'll be ordering some soon.

Seriously though, I'm always up for another good blend with Perique. Magical stuff

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo Cos - nice TAD there. Did you decide to forgo the Golden Triangle series? I gather they are another take on the same 4 boutique (single barrel, as it were?) Periques from Mark Ryan.
hp

les

I was just forgoing them on this round of PAD. I was wanting to stock up on these ASAP. If there are any left, I'll grab them on the next go around in a few days. I just assumed that Russ's take on perique would be worthy of setting a few back to age.
So far the Acadian Gold is pretty good, unusual. It does taste like a great gold Virginia that has fermented, bread-y or mead-y. Interesting. It doesn't taste at all like an aged Virginia, but rather... a Virginia cigar. Very faint flavor, no biteyness, and just an odd mead-like taste hovering in the smoke. It's good, worth adding to a rotation... if you could afford it.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I hope you enjoy the blends. I appreciate the comment on the artwork. I was a little overwhelmed when our design team showed me the proofs. I wasn't keen on having my name on a product, but when I saw what they did, I felt really proud because I think the labels turned out great.

Cosmic, I like your take on Acadian Gold. I refer to the added flavor element as "malty", but I also see the mead reference. It has more depth of flavor than any Virginia I've ever smoked, and having Mark Ryan take a risk on trying my suggestion is one of the high points of my career.
Russ

They are really classy tins.

I was keeping an eye on you and Mark conversing in the corners during our tour there. I could "feel" the sparks firing between you two guys. It was truly a magical day, to be there with such pipe talent.
I am anxious to pop one of the other tins, but I don't want to get out of control and smoke to close together them where I muddy up the flavors. These are like fine vintage wines, and they deserve their "space" while smoking.
Thank you, Russ, for bringing us these creations

Status
Not open for further replies.