PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I intentionally went looking for a specific style of pipe by a specific maker, I wanted a billiard silver spigot by Peterson. Whilst looking I was tripped up by a different style of pipe, a pencil shank poker sitter by Ascorti.

I then continued looking and found an estate Peterson Billiard Gold Spigot! So what do you do, buy both since I did not come close to what a new Peterson Gold Spigot Billiard would cost.

banjo
The pipe that tripped me up is this Ascorti Sabria Di Oro Poker Sitter with pencil shank, it was an estate as well.
b411594c5be423d8dc461a00618e4f5ad096e2b.jpg

Second pipe is the Peterson Billiard Gold Spigot.
ceb253e429593e4f210d745b4f4f013701e491c.jpg

May 4, 2015
I like that Peterson. I'm a cob guy, but the banded Peterson's always caught my eye. If I were ever to become a collector, I think that classic Peterson look is where I'd go.
One of only a couple non-cob pipes I have is a '76 Peterson Meer 301 with a silver band. It's my "dress-up pipe" that I take with me if I'm going to smoke at the B&M or something. I've never seen another like it out in the wild.

robwoodall

Can't Leave
Apr 29, 2015
Nice.
I didn't like the poker style when I started this journey. Yeah, I was ignorant, but it didn't fit my idea of what a "real pipe" looked like. The more I see, though, the more I like them. That one, in particular, is a beauty.
The Peterson, now, that's EXACTLY my image of a "real pipe" (whatever the heck that means!).
Great finds!

Status
Not open for further replies.