PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

machurtado

Lurker
Jun 12, 2012
My PAD is out of control lately. I've purchased three pipes in the past two weeks and am now looking a Dunhill. It's a slippery slope! So here's the first one I got a Nording Hunter's Series Woodcock

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My other two are Peterson Dracula series one a x105 and the other one a 999. However I'm thinking I might sell the the 999 to help fund my Dunhill.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
That Nording is sick....love it. I have PAD pretty bad as well....I am currently tracking 7 bids on ebay right now. My wife is going to kill me.

eltice

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2012
Sorry for the "bad" question, but I'm relatively new to pipe smoking.....what is PAD? Peterson......?
Also, love the OP avatar! I'm sipping on a glass of BH as I type this!

Jul 15, 2011
PAD=Pipe Acquisition Disorder. Its when you buy more pipes than any one man should reasonably own. Its something that all of us suffer from around here. You also have TAD (Tobacco Acquisition Disorder), PAAD (Pipe Accessory Acquisition Disorder), and so on and so forth.

bronxbill

Lurker
Dec 10, 2012
PAD is a steep slippery slope, and the more pipes you buy the steeper and more slippery it becomes.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I've always thought Nordings were good pipes, but this seems like a cut above the rest. I've never seen a "bumble bee" stem like that, and overall proportions are excellent.
However, I'm in the minority when it comes to the Dracula pipes. Personally I prefer even boring grain to flat black paint. The silver bands don't seem to fit flush, and the stems just look odd. The taper of the straight stem isn't gradual enough for my taste, and the bent stem is just weirdly bent. It's too angular and lacks a curve.
But they seem to be in demand, so I would DEFINITELY flip it and put the funds toward something you really want.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
PAD is easy to catch and hard to stop. I bought a new Savinelli and a Comoy (New Old Stock) and I placed an order for a Storient LVC yesterday. I also have my eye on a Savinelli Ginger's Favorite.

k9shag

Can't Leave
Oct 24, 2012
North Carolina
I have purchased 35 pipes in 5 months and have my eye on others Which of those petersons is on the block. I recently got a dunhill and can't say hat it's in my top five maybe not in the top ten

Status
Not open for further replies.