PAD! New Stanwell Zebrano (Made In Denmark) Pics!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh Winslow Pipes
12 Fresh Johs Pipes
3 Fresh Il Cerchio Pipes
12 Fresh Dunhill Pipes
4 Fresh Todd Johnson Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I got this one out of layaway at the B&M today!

This is my second Stanwell, and as you'll see, it's also my second Zebrano.

The first one smokes so well, I thought I should get it's brother!

The pipes are both very well made, with very open draws, and great clenchers.

The first one I got weighed in at 39gr., the new one is 38gr.

Both of these had been at the B&M for several years, and both are Danish made pipes.
Anyway, here it is;
image260-600x342.jpg

image259-600x316.jpg

And here it is with it's brother;
image258-600x387.jpg

image257-600x431.jpg

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Nice pull Dan. I know you had mentioned your B&M had a few of those. Will you smoke the same baccy in the new as the older one or will they be dedicated to different leaf?

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Thanks Guys!
@Dan. No, they'll be dedicated to different baccys. The older one is used for Latakia flakes, and the occasional bowl of ODF. The new one will be a flake pipe as well, but Va's, Va/Burs, and Va/Pers are what it's gonna get!

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Of course you did :)
Good choices for the different baccy. I assume you have read the review on the HH Latakia Flake??????

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
pretty pipes, i like. i just tried g.l. pease quiet nights last night in my dunhill and good god that is a good lat blend, reminiscient of penzance. give that a shot (if you haven't already) to the one you are dedicating to lat/english blends.

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
I had bought a Stanwell back in February, but ah well, it was my son-in-law's birthday shortly afterwards, and guess who got the Stanwell? So, there will probably be another one in the future :?

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Well done Dan! I live a Stanwell and have a few, including Buffalos which also have the accent. Well made, reliable and great smokers.
Andy

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Congrats! I've got a Zebrano in a sandblast finish, which I use primarily for Va/Per blends. Excellent choice - I'm tempted to get another, as my B&M also has a few in stock... No idea whether they're Danish make or not, but mine smokes fine anyway.

pipejunky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 16, 2014
Two sleek pipes, really like the saddle bit one. I have one Stanwell and it delivers every time.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Just finished the first smoke in the new Stanwell! Smooth, open draw, dry and sweet. It's a nice, light clencher with a very comfortable stem/button, and it's very nice in the hand!

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
I have an older Zebrano Bulldog. They are not just attractive pipes, but, as you already know, fantastic smokers.

Enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.