PAD Never Stops - Not Even When Baby & Work Eats Up 95% Of My Time (Pic Heavy)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Hey gang.
Life is FULL to brimming over in the Russell house at the moment. Baby Megan is struggling with colic, so Robyn and I are basically shift-sleeping; with one of us always awake to take care of our girl. Needless to say, this limits activities like restoration work, going outside, vacuuming the house and, oh yeah, sleep.
One of the side benefits is the ability to watch eBay auctions. I've been fortunate and won a couple of auctions on specific pipes I've been pining for.
First up, a new addition to my Bulldog collection, a Comoy's Tradition 409. A great shape, in great shape, 3 part C on the stem and little wear and tear. The nomenclature is a little week, but isn't the worst I've seen.

And last night I cured a big hole in my pipe rack, with a Shillelagh. I have been looking for a Falcon Shillelagh for a long, long time. But the auctions I've seen have all climbed to levels which I just wasn't happy paying for a Falcon. I missed the inventory that Glynn had this week, so didn't snag a new pipe. But last night I grabbed this lot of pipes. They all look good, and the Shillelagh will be staying with me, although I'll be adding at least one meer bowl. The other Falcon already found a home, but I'll be cleaning up and moving along the rest of the pipes.

So all in all, it has been a good month. Three pipes for me (including the Chinook I posted about yesterday), and a bunch to add to the bench.
Now if only I could find a way to fit a Baby Bjorn under my leather shop apron... at least my wheel chucks blocks AWAY from the operator.
-- Pat

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I'm curious; what's the green bulldog?
Good question, johnnyreb. The pipes haven't arrived yet, but if I was a betting man, I'd be putting money on that bulldog being a Dr. Grabow. Coincidentally, it may also be my new St. Patrick's Day pipe.
-- Pat

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Pat, I never have a call to dress up much but a pure white summertime suit including a white fedora or porkpie with that green bulldog and you'd be a "sharp dressed man"! That green bulldog deserves to be smoked more than just St. Patrick's Day!

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Pat... I knew by the thread title this would be you! I'm glad that you are adjusting well to the

extra challenges a new baby throws your way. Congrats on the recent scores!
As for the Colic, that can be tough. It has been shown that babies with Colic tend to have a different

intestinal flora and sometimes benefit from Probiotics. Putting them in their carrier and placing them on the dryer top while it's running has worked for many. Last resort, try going for an easy drive. Rocking motions and changes of scenery sometimes help.
Best of luck!

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
As for the Colic, that can be tough. It has been shown that babies with Colic tend to have a different

intestinal flora and sometimes benefit from Probiotics. Putting them in their carrier and placing them on the dryer top while it's running has worked for many. Last resort, try going for an easy drive. Rocking motions and changes of scenery sometimes help.
Thanks for the tips D. We're using probiotics and gripe water as well as rocking motions. She seems to settle best when she's being cradled in arms, and the person holding her bounces gently on a yoga ball. I'll just leave you guys with that mental image.
On the plus side... I'm binge watching Breaking Bad for the first time.
-- Pat

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
LOL ... we have one of those balls too, but it's not used for Yoga! 8O

I'll leave you with THAT image. :rofl:
Breaking Bad was pretty good ... the middle seasons drag but ramp up at the end again.

It was funny at first to see Bryan Cranston in this serious role because of his goofy roll as Malcolm's dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.