PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Anyone ever eyeball a pipe on a retailers website only for it to be marked sold as you go to buy it?
Logically it's not a big deal.

I hope whoever got that pretty group 2 Parker golden bark enjoys it.
P.S

I hate you.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Anyone ever eyeball a pipe on a retailers website only for it to be marked sold as you go to buy it?
Yes. Although, they tend to disappear before I actually go to make the purchase. Those are the worst.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Yeah that sucks. Sometimes though I hope its sold before I become weak and try to buy it. Like this Abe Herbaugh and Micah Redmond pipes I've been eyeing. OOOh just checked and the Micah Redmond pipe has sold. Makes me sad and happy at the same time. lol

bluegrassbrian

Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Yeah I try to stay positive about these things :rofl:
Maybe a sign to go ahead with the Penzo commission #2 I've been ruminating on.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Oh also there are several Punto Oro and Giubileo d'Oro pipes on that list and luckily a few of those have been sold as well.
Whomever bought this pipe I hope you enjoy the hell out of it and thank you for keeping me from buying it:

002-774-0001.jpg

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Brian I think it's a sign you should get a commission from Adam aka clickclick here on the forums as well as a commission from Ryan Alden! ha ha

bluegrassbrian

Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Well dangit.

Much to my pipe club brothers chagrin I'm not wealthy.

(They see all my commission pieces and higher end marques).
I was trying to keep a new pipe purchase under $100 and that Parker hit all my key aesthetic and size buttons.

I would have probably paid double what they were asking.

Jan 8, 2013
Yep. That's happened to me a few times. It's like Fitzy said, makes me happy and sad at the same time. Well sometimes just sad lol.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Brian. I hear ya I'm in the same boat. Why is it that I can't afford any of those pipes I covet? lol
PS Adam's pipes are very very reasonable.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Time to clean some of those beauties you already own. You've forgotten what great pipes you have.

flaneuse

Lurker
Nov 12, 2015
Yeah, this happened to me once. The pipe was way out of my price range, but damn, it was gorgeous.
Maybe in my next life...

bluegrassbrian

Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
The Pipe Gods are messing with me.

I was browsing English estates yesterday and the very same pipe was back on the site.

Having learned my lesson I promptly snagged it.
I wonder if someone bought it and returned it, or if it was put on reserve then they changed their mind.

bluegrassbrian

Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Hopefully this works.
004-002-13227.jpg

The full page is Parker Golden Bark.
I was immediately drawn to the color..dont see many blasts that light.
I'm guessing it's not a super old piece, as no date was listed. All the other Parkers on the site have date ranges. I guess someone at SP knows something Pipedia does not.

bluegrasspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2017
Dang that is a beauty. I have had that happen to me before, the pipe was in my cart and I got a phone call. After the 10 minute call I went back and tried to checkout and it was gone.. It just wasn't in the cards. But it is frustrating when you finally decide to pull the trigger..

Status
Not open for further replies.