PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinvin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
I'm very new here but the first time I smoked a pipe was quite some time ago when I got a pipe from Thailand. I was smoking that pipe for around a year and one day I got home and my father said he accidentally broke my pipe. I did not know where to get a new one so I pretty much forgot about pipe smoking and started smoking cigarettes again. Within the last couple of weeks I started on the pipe again and this time around I have developed a severe case of PAD... it's hard seeing all these pretty pipes that people are saying such good things about and not get PAD...
In the last 2 weeks I have ordered 2 Mr. Brog's (A Scoot in Rusticated walnut and a #66) and 2 Nording Signatures (1 smooth, 1 rusticated)... they are coming in the mail... I need help...
So essentially added to my 2 redwood pipes that I got as gifts (2 chinese companies) as well as the 2 redwood pipes and a churchwarden that my relative in China is sending to me (made by a guy in my dads hometown in China), I will have 9 pipes... and this is crazy...
Mainly however I only purchased the 2 Mr. Brogs and 2 Nording Signatures... but still I feel that twinge of guilt running through my mind...
Please teach me how to control my PAD...
(just have to add that I am still very new to this, it's very hard to find anything other than Captain Black, Brigham, and Borkum Riff around here and so that's what I have been smoking all this time. It seems that aside from enjoying a nice relaxing smoke at night I really enjoy buying pipes...)

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
I usually just work it out logically.
Do i really need another pipe?

If i think i need one what will it be doing that my other pipes cannot do? (will it be having a particular blend smoked in it etc)

Can i really afford it?

Wouldn't the money be best spent on tobacco?
Then i make myself wait a few days and if i have got through the questions and i still want it and can afford it then i buy one

vinvin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
LOL I think I need to follow sixmp's advice closely... i really don't think I can afford to keep going on like this. Hopefully the pipes I bought will last me a long time before I get a new pipe!

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Yeah there is no cure. I don't know if I welcomed you aboard yet but we are glad you are here with us. Right now there is a new radio show for the forum playing. Here is the link if you want to check it out. If you have any technical questions about the forum feel free to PM and I will do my best to help you out.

vinvin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
Thanks for the welcome! I am currently listening to the radio show :D I figured that there is no cure... I will just have to balance my funds between my hobbies better... pipes, photography, modding my car, and japanese vinyl figures... it's gonna be harder again...

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
Mix Photography with pipe collecting and just take pictures of pipes while they are in the store :D

Not the same as the real thing but it is cheaper

vinvin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
I don't think I would be able to do that haha... I don't have that much control of myself... If I go to the store and take pictures of pipes I will want to buy one... I should just buy the tobacco and run like hell lest I accidentally buy a pipe haha.

vinvin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
@storient I'm not Japanese, I am chinese haha. But I agree, Japan is a strong nation that deserves respect. I think your pipes are awesome by the way!

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Yes storient's pipes are just amazing. He usually gives deals to pipesmagazine member but I am not helping your PAD lol.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Don't try to fight it; give in to Dark Side. The PAD Beast is mighty and his reach is far, online, B&M's and the dreaded antique malls. Once his claws are in you he is forever on your shoulder, gently whispering that the bills can wait, you NEED this pipe, NOW!

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
Storient could help you with your PAD. Save you money as well with great deals.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Flea Market and also once you have 50 posts you can even buy sell and trade on the forum. Is it just me or have we had a bunch of great new member?

vinvin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
Oh no... i definitely need to resist. I am a good boy, I mustn't give in. Thank goodness there are very very few B&M stores and antique malls where I am, but online is really already powerful enough... must resist...

mick

Can't Leave
Aug 13, 2012
That's has been my main motivation, or should I say, demotivation
I love briar with a passion but I'm not going to hold up a liquor store to buy one. :puffy:
With my limited budget, I focus on cobs and lots of good tobacco. Tobacco is the heart of why I smoke, not fancy pipes. Of course, a fancy pipe would be nice, but when push comes to shove, I focus on tobacco.
vinvin, 你好! 欢迎 PM.com!

vinvin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
Hopefully by the time the Mr. Brog's and Nording's get here my PAD will be satiated for long enough that I can save some money... which will probably go back into getting me a pipe... but hopefully I'll have some time in between haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.