PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

1adsarge

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2016
NE Nevada
Just picked up 4 pipes within the last week. MY goal is to hit 7 and lay off for a while (yah right!! :mrgreen: :puffy:). They were Missouri Meerschaum Country Gentleman and the Dwarf Cobbit, an estate freehand, and a Oldenkott's Derby Luxe 52 Briar Select Pipe.
Cheers,

Jared
country_gentleman_corn_cob_pipe_bent_295.jpg

cobbit_dwarf_corn_cob_pipe_2016_2.jpg

s_l1600.jpg

s_l1600_1.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
It gets worse. Just picked up a Preben Holm II S last week, now I have a Ben Wade gnawing at me. :crying:

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
I think I can post a picture now...gonna give it a try. The first one is actually from 2015. I called Mark Tinsky and asked for someone particular. The second I got two weeks ago from Marty Pulver. I has always wanted an Eltang and this one was.....affordable?

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
The freehand looks like an attempt at a Nording giant.

I got hit so bad the other day, I almost bought a defective (to my eye) Dunhill. Manage to escape by promising myself to buy an inexpensive pipe from eBay in a few days.

1adsarge

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2016
NE Nevada
Haha, 7 total owned is where my wife would like me to stop but I already have a list of watched pipes I may jump on if the auction price doesn't go too high :puffy:
Cheers,

Jared

1adsarge

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2016
NE Nevada
Just picked up another one. A cleaned and restored Carey Magic Inch Horn. That one looks like it'll be fun to smoke!
Cheers,

Jared
horn1.jpg

horn2.jpg

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
That is a really nice piece of briar, and I like the way it sweeps down the stem rather than being short.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Mighty nice pipes all around. Don't forget to break in and keep smoking the ones you buy, to slow down the process a little. Remember, the good ones will be around for the rest of your life, in all probability.

1adsarge

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2016
NE Nevada
Ok, I scored two more. I think I have a full weeks worth of pipes now :puffy:

-Spitfire Lorenzo Filtro Manola Briar Estate Pipe

-Unmarked Briar Estate Pipe
Cheers,

Jared
spitfire.jpg

unnamed.jpg

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
1adsarge, have you had the opportunity to fire up your Spitfire yet?. Let us know how it works out for you. I only have one and it is old but it sure smokes well. I have heard a number of folks have good things to say about the smoking qualities of them over the years.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It is nice to be able to go into your very own "pipe shop" and choose one you like that you haven't smoked in a while. That's a good way to keep from buying another one ... for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.