Tags:  No tags yet. 

PAD Gone Wild

(22 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by vespertillio
  • Latest reply from vespertillio
  1. vespertillio

vespertillio

Login to Send PM

Well the postman graced me with a few pipes this weekend and I don't think I could be happier.

First up was one I have been trying to find for quite a while now and I finally found it. A Savinelli Da Vinci series Bombard. I originally tried to track down a rusticated but when this beauty showed up at a great price I could not pass her up.

Next up is a Nording 2007 Hunter series Elk. I always loved the stem and bowl style of this one.

Originally these were the only two I was going to purchase but the gentleman had another hunter he thought I would like and when I saw it; well just take a look.

Lastly, after seeing the Hobbit I really desired a churchwarden but I found this nice clay on the bay and decided to get it. 18" of puffing pleasure for our Lord of The Rings Marathons.

I think I'm quite good for now...until the next great search.

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. brdavidson

brdavidson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nicely done, I have 4 pipes coming in the mail as well. Nothing this nice except I ordered a Halfling churchwarden from MacQueen pipes, can't wait until they show up. If only I could smoke in my house then I'd be doing the same thing with the LOTR marathons!

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Those are some nice looking pipes, congrats on your new additions. I hope they are all great smokers for you.

Harris
    Posted 1 year ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

flmason

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Congratulations on all your new pipes. I hope you enjoy them all over many years to come.

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. numbersix

numbersix

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Congrats - those are nice!

"Be seeing you"

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. thesmokindragon

thesmokindragon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nice! Funny you picture the Bombard w/1792 because I have
    a Bombard smooth and it is dedicated to 1792

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Mod

Login to Send PM

18" of puffing pleasure for our Lord of The Rings Marathons.

I remember before I smoked a pipe I saw one at a colonial time reenactment. I thought I'd feel like a wizard if I smoked that!

As long as I got a pipe full of baccy and a nose full of snuff, I'm a happy camper
    Cigarettes are an addiction, cigars are a hobby, pipes are a religion
    Posted 1 year ago #
  9. vespertillio

vespertillio

Login to Send PM

Smokindragon - I do love the 1792. It's starting to put hair on my chest.

Thank you everyone for the kind words. Unfortunately I have not even had a chance to try them yet. However I believe I will be able to partake tonight. Cheers all.

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Very nice!

I see at least one Hunter came from William Lundsgaard (Williams' Estate Briars) -- did you get all four pipes from William? I also see the Bombard appears new -- are any of the others estate pipes?

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. vaboatbuilder

vaboatbuilder

Login to Send PM

verry nice pipes

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. vespertillio

vespertillio

Login to Send PM

Rothnh - You are correct. The Bombard, the Elk and the Boar all came from William. He had 2 out of three that I had been searching for and they were both new. The Boar was used but you could hardly tell. I was a little hesitant to order from overseas but after a few email conversations with him I was put at ease. He is a great person to do business with and a top notch soul. Highly recommended.

Posted 1 year ago #
  13. fnord

fnord

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Terrific score, brother!

Posted 1 year ago #
  14. jah76

jah76

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Vesper good for you my friend. I'm happy for you. They look like a ton of enjoyment over the years.

Posted 1 year ago #
  15. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I was a little hesitant to order from overseas but after a few email conversations with him I was put at ease. He is a great person to do business with and a top notch soul. Highly recommended.

I've never purchased from William, but friends have and all are very satisfied. He's a top notch professional restorer and his prices are very reasonable across the board. His descriptions and photos are a bit sketchy, but I'm told he replies quickly to Email questions.

Again, congratulations, you scored big time!

Posted 1 year ago #
  16. allan

allan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Gorgeous pipes
    I've never tried a church warden
    Maybe in the future

Enjoy

Allan

Allan
    Posted 1 year ago #
  17. shawn

shawn

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just awesome!!!!!!!!

Posted 1 year ago #
  18. organizedmadman

organizedmadman

Login to Send PM

I really love those! The Savinelli Da Vinci is amazing!
    Do you happen to still have the eBay seller's name who had the clay churchwarden? I'd love to get another, is that one gray or just a trick of lighting?

My current PAD goal:
    Savinelli 320
    Butz Choquin Petite Dublin Churchwarden
    Posted 1 year ago #
  19. oldredbeard

oldredbeard

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Very nice indeed!!! I really like that Savi, she's awesome.

I'm not complaining.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  20. yadan

yadan

Login to Send PM

Great acquisitions!
    Long live PAD!

"I'm always easy to please since I'm always satisfied with the very best." - Oscar Wilde
    Posted 1 year ago #
  21. shaintiques

shaintiques

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That Sav is a beauty, I also am looking for just he right one before pulling the trigger. And I love Nordings.

I know what I need, smoke, I can't recall the last time I tasted it....Gandalf in the mines of Moria.

"we shall have to share pipes, as good friends must at a pinch'....'I keep a treasure or two near my skin, as precious as rings to me. Here's one: my old wooden pipe. And here's another an unused one...He held up a small pipe with a wide flattened bowl, and handed it to Gimli. 'Does that settle the score between us', said Merry. 'Most noble hobbit, it leaves me deep in your debt."
    Posted 1 year ago #
  22. vespertillio

vespertillio

Login to Send PM

organizedmadman: It looks like the seller deals with mostly estate items in general. Here is the original listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-GOEDEWAAGENS-MEERSCHAUM-PIPE-16-INITIALS-ES-/121049143615?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=Fea%252FmrM9jUqxIEU3geAM2NEngqc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I guess as far as clays go I may have overpaid a little. However it was the perfect length, style and color. Basically everything I wanted for my LOTR nights lol.

I have smoked the Sav and the Elk and both are fantastic. It's my first Sav and first time using the balsa inserts but I think they do what they are supposed to. No gurgle and a real pleasant smoke. The Elk bowl is bigger than I thought. It's kind of like the Tardis, it just kept wanting more and more.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   jamespworth, puffdoggie, tarheel1, jpberg, soymilkisgood, tppytel, phonomet, mrjerke, phil67, jmatt, jfox520, cmdrmcbragg, prndl, xrundog, daimyo