PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
So I MAY have been a bit over enthusiastic about starting my. Collection...and. MAYBE. stretched the budget this month. I am appropriately contrite, sadly I think she'll (the wife) be upset for a while.

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
I can't say I've been in trouble with anyone quite yet... I've stretched the budget and this had made my ability to pay bills somewhat near impossible yet at the same time I can squeeze by if I try hard enough

No wife to get mad, only bill collectors haha :p

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I don't get "in trouble" with She Who Must Be Obeyed (aka Shoe Lady). But there's hell to pay anyway. :rofl:

shoeboxes.jpg

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
I love my wife dearly. But there are times when I miss being accountable only to myself. She sat down to discuss my pipe buying with me just as I was about to order a lot of Baccy

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
I just here the same old, "don't you think you have enuff pipes?"...I tried to explain there's no such thing, but she doesn't understand

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
The thing is...NOW I have enough pipes. Well once I get that sav restored...and the rest show up in the mail

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Enough....that's why I couldn't find it in the dictionary. When she said I had "enuff" pipes I said there's no such word. :rofl:

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
How about I have "the bare required minimum"? I feel that 7 was a good round number to start with.

beewrangler2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2012
Being single, I enjoy not having to justify my pipe and what nots...I do have an understanding gal pal though and we have an agreement that she doesn't question my pipe and baccy buying as long as I don't question clothes, handbags and hair styling. I do have sort of a method to my madness though. Pipes and collecting Lionel trains are about my only vices ( I do have a beer on the ocassional social outing) so I take into account what my cigarette smoking friends tally a month and at about 6 smackers a pack, I budget $180 a month to be spent on either pipes, tobacco or a train car. I guess thats my self justification for spending what I do spend, as long as we are meeting our bills and putting a little aside, life seems pretty good.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Enough....that's why I couldn't find it in the dictionary. When she said I had "enuff" pipes I said there's no such word.
lol makes sense to me... :clap:

lazydog

Apr 24, 2012
I don't have a wife and my dog enjoys barkin at the mailwoman as she pulls up and delivers another briar. I thought I had my PAD under control. but broke down. My latest lie to myself is limiting purchases to 2 pipes a month and one for Xmas and one for birthday. Liar Liar.Past lies.... I will stop all pipe purchases at 65, my age, and that was 35 pipes ago. I guess I'm in trouble with myself. My dog encourages PAD. woof. :evil:

lazydog

Apr 24, 2012
Maybe the dearies won't understand because it is so traditionally a male thing to do and they don't like to see men enjoying themselves without their influence.

Status
Not open for further replies.