PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I'm trying to put a positive light on the fact that I won another pipe from the auction site which shall remain shameless.

With that in mind, here's both my first Peterson pipe and my first Military mount.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Since a good many of my genes came from the olde sodde, I guess it's time to pay homage.

I thought it looked pretty spiffy, too.
$_57.JPG

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I knew I could count on you guys to make my latest binge feel good!

I only hope it looks BETTER than the pics...there's some tooth chatter on the stem...but it looks easy enough to polish out.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Well, I got the pipe and its stem is a cheap plastic thing that doesn't actually fit well enough to stay put.

It just pops right out of the stummel.

I had choices. I could send it back at my expense for a 'full refund', or take an adjustment.

I was really discouraged about the pipe and really wished I'd never ever bid on the thing.

After a few email exchanges, the seller agreed to raise his adjustment offer from $5.00 to $10.00 and I accepted that.

I took the broken stem I had from my Cobitt Shire and sanded IT down to fit into the stummel of my Peterson Barrel and I'm smoking it as I write this post.

I may never bother to get a better stem made. What I've got now seems to be secure and air tight. It works.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I got a little gurgle with it, but I think it's because I haven't cleaned it up enough. I haven't done a retort on it because I wanted to check out how my 'new' stem worked for 'tight'.

I think it will be great. It feels great in the hand and is nice and light.

I appreciate the positive comment about my latest lesson in pipe-foolery.

Status
Not open for further replies.