PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Saw this unsmoked Comoy on SP.com Its a pre-1980, maybe not the most valuable out there, but the volcano shape is awesome and I do not have one.
There are a couple more unsmoked Comoy's on there for 82.00 as well. Loved the Silver Cloud on there, but shank/band repairs always concern me.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your new pipe. It is special when you can find an older pipe that is still unsmoked. I found a GBD last week thanks to Al. It is been a good week for English made pipes. I hope you enjoy it for many years.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Thanks guys. I have not had an unsmoked estate before, that was a big selling point. Even the other two listed were great. I went with the most unique of the three.

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Hey Vorhees. I bagged the Bent Dublin from SP. Wondering where these beauties were hiding since 1970-something. Any thoughts? I too loved the unsmoked, old(er) briar aspect. Looking forward to breaking her in.
v2jN8TY.jpg

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
Great looking volcano pipe voorhees, I am sure you will love it.

I have an Edwards Volcano that I bought from smokingpipes and it is a great pipe,

and indeed a very interesting shape. I love it.

rockymtnsmoker, beautiful pipe, enjoy.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
rocky, lovely pipe...it was almost mine. The eye shaped cross section should be interesting. The volcano only won because I have a couple of Dublin shapes(see avatar). Nice to see a PM brother has the "sister" pipe.

Your guess is as good as mine as far as where they have been tucked away, however its good for us!

Enjoy and post your thoughts on the smoking performance. I will as well.

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
I'm short a Dublin in my rotation and not sure about the Volcano shape, so it all worked out. I was thinking they were tucked away on a back shelf of some B&M. Unusual shapes are, I suspect, sometimes hard to move. All three of those unsmoked Comoy's on SP were a little off the grid. Anyway, will indeed post on the smoking performance... though the Pony Express to Canada can take almost three weeks so it will be a while. :crying:

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
This would be my oldest Comoy's pipe. I did pick up early nineties Comoy(NOS)and its one of my favorites. Hopefully this one will be just as good. The Volcano was not described as a sitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.