PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I have my first Ardor on the way. I check Smokingpipes every Mon. and Thurs regularly looking for good estates at great deals. The best deals are always quickly snagged before I can usually get to the. I can't believe I got this one. Under $200. I have been wanting any Ardor that struck my fancy for a while, let alone an Ardor Urano Fantasy. I have bid on several of the past year and have had no luck. I can't wait to get this one in my hands.
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/estate/italy/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=131402

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Eagle: I own a couple of Ardors in my collection. You are going to like the way it smokes. They are great pipes!

Dec 24, 2012
You can't mistake an Ardor for anything else. Very unique. And a fantastic smoker, I'll bet, as well. Congrats, I like it a lot and can see why you ulled the trigger.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Good goin' Glenn! Glad to hear you finally snagged an Ardor at an affordable price.

Great pipes, and I think that this paneled Dublin is particularly fascinating. :clap:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
eagle, great looking Dublin and I love the stem, that is just too cool color wise. I am sure it will be a great smoker for you. The one I owned smoked great and I have heard nothing but great things from everyone who has owned one. Congrats on a great addition to the collection.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Thanks guys.
Can anyone tell me what exactly "Fantasy" means? All I can surmise is it means the pipe has a colorful stem and possibly shank / bowl application. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Dec 24, 2012
I have no clue what the fantasy part means. I assume it is just referring to the esoteric carving and colourful stems.
I posted a thread on here once about Ardor pipes. They are my secret fetish. I have quite a few and love the hand feel of them. One thing that I really like about Ardor is their Christmas pipes. I have one I smoke at Christmas that has a Christmas tree carved into the end of the bowl. Really cool stuff.

buzkirk

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 14, 2009
Humboldt Tn.
With Ardor's the fantasy part is the stem and shank treatment, Urano refers to the finish of the bowl
http://www.monjureinternational.com/ardor_models_finishes.htm
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.