PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
So i was lucky enough to receive a couple hundred bucks unexpectantly. I decided to treat myself to something at the local B&M. I picked up this nice Peterson 303 P-Lip System, a tin of 2010 Peterson Holiday, and an ounce of Lane 1Q all for $85! The Pete is unsmoked, but i guess technically an estate as its not current model year, but i didnt care. Cant wait to try the pipe out. I think i will let the holiday sit until Christmas time.
IMG_0451.jpg

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Nice score ! Classy looking Pete.
I don't know about the Holiday Blend 2010, but their 2011 edition was like eating a fruit cake ! Very good, sweet, excellent room note and great with a hot cup of mulled wine. But it did ghost a pipe to the point where I have kept one dedicated to it. Once the tin is gone, I know I'll have to salt/alcohol and ream that pipe. Again, that's the 2011. But you may want to be careful exploring that 2010 ;-)

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
If it smokes as good as it smells i assume it will be similar. the tin note was just amazing. Was great to help out a B&M with the purchase as well. he was at the columbus pipe show and said business wasnt great for him, but that he made enough to cover eating lunch and will definitely return next year so thats good to hear. also found out that he has a great relationship with tim west, and uses tim for all his customers pipe repair. cant go wrong by going to this shop as far as im concerned. a little small, but as far as B&M's go its a great place to hang out. the upstairs smoking lounge is furnished with poker tables and big screens, and has a patio right out front for people to hang out and smoke as well.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
If i run across another at that price i'll let you know! Im in there about once a week.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Hey nice Pete System hawk. I think you will like that pipe. Let us know after a smoke or two. Is this your first System?

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
first system. second pete. i also have a 2010 st pattys day 220 that i got as an estate. the stem needs some work as its oxidized but smokes great right now

lazydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
man I wish I had a B&m like that around here. Nice pipe. Now grind off that Plip immediately ( just kidding).

Status
Not open for further replies.