PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briar Baron

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2016
Sydney
I have been trying not to look at pipes from on-line vendors recently so as to try and keep things under control but it seems that the closer we get to Christmas the more that resistance is futile...:(
This came today......
002-033-34499.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Other than replacement cobs from time to time, my pipe passion is exhausted. I can imagine that those still in their prime of acquiring would certainly feel the itch more around Christmas.

Jan 8, 2013
Beautiful pipe. Enjoy the heck out of it.
Oh darn it... you swiped my catch phrase. Now I have to come up with something different.... ok... I'll try this.... Lovely pipe! Really very much like it immensely! :clap:

Briar Baron

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2016
Sydney
The back story is that I looked at several of these Savinelli Collect smooth Naturals on sites in the US and Europe. This one had the prettiest grain and I had it on a wish-list for a few weeks..........then it went on sale :(
Well the kids have been naughty so maybe a few less presents are justified this year.........only joking no Bad Santa here :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Great pipe, great looker with an extra accommodating bowl. I assume that is described as a billiard; some pipes with a slight narrowing at the brim are called billiards and others brandy, but I bet this one is sold as a billiard. Doesn't matter, but I'm always intrigued by the uncertainty.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........ That's one sweet hunk of briar, & I love the stem treatment. I'm not usually a huge fan of stripy-wipey stem wraps, but that one is really nice.
I hope my own PAD is in withdrawal for now. I only bought 7 in the last month & ahalf, so one a week may give me enough vaccine against a Xmas purchase! -laugh-
Bill

Briar Baron

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2016
Sydney
Retailer described it as a bent Billiard. Like many pipe shapes there is a "gray" area as one shape transitions into another and this one is probably in that area.
I promised myself now not to look at any more pipes for sale for another 6 months, my New Year resolution sort of......hope I get to mid January at least :)

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
My only relief from PAD has been quitting smoking. I'm not sure it's possible to control it more than temporarily. The guys who say they do are liars because it will come back, because pipe smokers find pipes eternally alluring. So if you want the pipe, steal from the kids and otherwise connive to get it now. There's no point in waiting as you'll just cave later.

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
I have a pipe in my shopping cart at one of the online retailers that haunts me every single day. I haven't pulled the trigger because I thought my obsession with it might wane over time but instead it has only grown stronger. I thought I was giving the universe a chance to handle the situation for me by allowing someone else to buy it first but so far that hasn't worked out and buying it as Christmas present to myself sounds much more satisfying. Merry Christmas to me!!

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
I don't own a 920.
Dang - either I misidentified, or got you confused with another user who has an affinity for a certain Sav pipe shape. Apologies. Almost a year of sporadic posting has me off my game. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.