PACT Act: Will my order of nasal snuff make it to me?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipenscotch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2012
So I just watched a video on youtube of a guy who ordered some nasal snuff from mrsnuff.com, and he said he's never going to order nasal snuff online again because of the PACT act, which apparently makes it illegal for USPS to ship smokeless tobacco products to the U.S.?
I live in Canada, so will my order make it to me? How does the PACT act affect my future orders?

karlj

Lurker
Jan 2, 2012
Steger, IL
I may not be entirely correct but I believe it is legal to buy smokeless tobacco online from another country and have it delivered.

I think what the PACT act stipulates is that if a US vendor sells online/mail order to a US customer. Then the vendor must pay the applicable taxes and can not ship it using the US post. Shipping must be provided through a private courier who has to use a signature/age verification delivery.

Hopefully, someone who knows more or better understands the contents of the PACT act, can chime in.
I've ordered nasal snuff from MrSnuff with no problems. They ship it Royal Air Mail and after it clears customs than the USPS delivers

-Karl

Jul 15, 2011
I just put an order in with Mr Snuff last month and didn't have an issue getting my order here in the heart of Illinois. Their shipping is incredibly quick, even from overseas I usually get my orders in 5 days to a week at the most. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them because they have great selection and they are top notch people to deal with. They have some pretty hard to find pipe tobaccos too.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
You got that right!
cowboy.gif

Jul 15, 2011
On the note of snuff, have any of our devoted snuff users ever tried Toque Lavender? I got some of this for my girlfriend, who enjoys snuff from time to time. She took a pinch of it and didn't really like it, and the thought of Lavender snuff seemed way girly to me, but just for the hell of it I took a sniff of it and I was really surprised. It is a really nice flowery scent that is not too overpowering and the snuff is a little on the dry side, but considering the scent it is actually almost the perfect moisture level and is really nice and refreshing. If anyone has not tried it don't be put off by it.

riptide

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
I never tried Lavender but Wilson & Sharrows Apple is off the hook. I order from Mr. Snuff never had a problem getting it to me here in Colorado.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I have tried snuff before years ago. I think I wanna give it another try. Now that I have created a mrsnuff.com account and have 1000 welcome reward points burning a hole in my pocket what are a few brands/flavors that I should start out with?

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
@Pipe Novelist

Lavender is known for its calming and relaxation properties. At one time it was used in medicines and tonics for that reason; today you see it in women's toiletries. Seems lavender snuff would make a nice stress relieving snuff.

Jul 15, 2011
Lavender is known for its calming and relaxation properties. At one time it was used in medicines and tonics for that reason; today you see it in women's toiletries. Seems lavender snuff would make a nice stress relieving snuff.
I was not aware of that. Thanks for the info!

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
On the note of snuff, have any of our devoted snuff users ever tried Toque Lavender?

I did and I didn't like it. I really like toque Christmas Pudding. It's only available from October to January though. My favorites are Wilsons of Sharrow Honey Menthol, and Swischer Honey Bee. You got to be careful with the Honey Bee, it's a really fine grind. Toque Absinthe is really good too. Here are two I really want to try: Abraxas Dragun, and Buzz Bubblegum. The bubblegum is made exclusively for mrsnuff.com

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
"Copied from a PDF Document I found on-line:
THE PACT ACT

Preventing Illegal Internet Sales of Cigarettes & Smokeless Tobacco
The Prevent All Cigarette Trafficking Act (the PACT Act) – effective June 29, 2010 – will fight crime

and increase government revenues by ensuring the collection of federal, state and local tobacco taxes

on cigarettes and smokeless tobacco sold via the Internet or other mail-order sales. By reducing the

availability of tax-evading, low-cost cigarettes over the Internet – and stopping Internet sales of

cigarettes to kids – the PACT Act will also prevent and reduce smoking and its many harms and

costs.

In May 2009, the full House of Representatives overwhelmingly approved the PACT Act (H.R. 1676),

sponsored by Representative Weiner (D-NY), by a vote of 397 to 11. In early 2010, the Senate

passed a similar version of the PACT Act (S. 1147), sponsored by Senator Kohl (D-WI), through

unanimous consent. The House then approved the Senate version, and it was signed into law by

President Obama on March 31, 2010.
I wasn't aware of this as I don't use cigarettes or snuff...But I hope this isn't eventually expanded

to include pipe tobacco as well....! I can only assume that cigars don't fall under the criteria of the act.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I think what the PACT act stipulates is that if a US vendor sells online/mail order to a US customer.

You've got it. You can't ship snuff across state lines if it was bought in the US, but if you buy it from another country you're good. It makes no sense. If I want to buy an American snuff, I have to buy it from England.

will

Might Stick Around
Jul 8, 2012
Toque makes some great snuff.

I like the Lavender a lot.

Some of the flavors are a bit strange and take getting used to.

Absinthe falls in this category for me, I like it but far from an all day snuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.