PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewknick

Lurker
Jul 18, 2012
I have a pretty good idea of how to pack a pipe, but I was wondering if I could get some tips that would help me pack a pipe more correctly.

pipedreams101

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 1, 2012
that is a good question that many people have a problem with. its very hard (for me) to explain in words, but if you look on youtube, ther are many videos on several different methods. it depends on the type of tobacco, and different elements, but im sure that will help you.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
If you check out the home page there is a two part article on how to pack your pipe. One method I've found works well is putting rubbed out tobacco or ribbon cut in your palm, turning the bowl upside down and rubbing it in a circle over the tobacco. It just works for me YMMV

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I just take a pinch, sprinkle it in the bowl and with my finger do a medium pack and repeat until the bowl is about 90% full?? I've also tried and studied all the various ways and in the end...the above method works for me?

fshu2

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2011
my fail proof method is to pinch some pack it tight with my finger then take a sip and check my draw, continue till full.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
The above mentioned method or methods are a sure way to enjoy a good smoke, however, I find the packing method varies with the chosen baccy and or pipe for the smoke. You will discover the method you prefer for each senario. Experiment, have fun, and most of all, enjoy.

goontoe

Lurker
Jun 30, 2012
Baton Rouge, LA
I tried the 3-step method for my first few weeks of pipe smoking and I just never could get a good pack or a good smoke going. I then stated using the Frank method of packing and I've had really good luck with it. I'm sticking with that method for a while. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.