PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexnorth

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2015
Those of you who have ordered from smokingpipes. How does their packaging look? Do they wrap in simple Brown wrapping paper or do they use some other paper with graphics, webpage address or stuff like that?

I'm asking because there is a toll when receiving goods from the US if you live in Europe.
Now I want to emphasize that I'm not looking to fool anybody or try to cowboy my way out of paying tax. However an eye-catching packaging may needlessly hold the goods in transit for up to over a month on top of the weeks already needed for shipping.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
You should receive a plain brown box, and the shipping label will say Laudisi Enterprises - no mention of smoking, tobacco, or pipes. It is possible extra labeling is required when shipping to Europe, so I can tell you only what I see here in the US.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Sorry for the duplication, Cortez must have posted while I was typing. I suppose two independent reports are good for confirmation, though.

drennan

Can't Leave
Mar 30, 2014
Normandy
I've ordered twice from smoking pipes and I live in Europe. On the front of the box is a customs declaration form with the goods correctly labelled, the weight and the cost.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
smokingpipes.com package will come in a plain brown box. When coming to Canada, the package is from SmokingPipes.com, and it will be properly labeled with all contents accounted for. In fact, they tend to round up on the weight, so keep that in mind when ordering tobacco.

alexnorth

Apr 7, 2015
Thank you guys!

Outside us, does it say for example "red rapparee 50g tin 16$" or does it say "red rapparee tobacco 50g tin 16$"?

jitterbugdude

Mar 25, 2014
I believe the packages sent to the EU/Canada et al have a label on them that says "Bend over buddy, you're about to get royally screwed with import taxes for tobacco"

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
4Noggins seems to be the prime choice for foreign orders out of the US for just this reason.

alexnorth

Apr 7, 2015
Ok, thank you! That probably means that shipping might be at least 6 weeks instead of two.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
Sometimes they list individual contents, otherwise like this.
win_20150519_155407-600x337.jpg

roasterdave

Lurker
Dec 14, 2014
The Pipe Guys also ship in a plain brown box with the contents as "other merchandise" then the individual tins listed with their weights. If the person looking at it wasn't a pipe smoker they may pass over it. I tend to order 12 oz or less to not draw attention.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
I have noted that Boswell's is the lowest profile I have received. It simply says Boswells. But they do not have the depth that SP does.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
They ship a bright red box that has logos of pipes and tobacco on it and clearly state, this customer is buying pipes and tobacco and is trying to screw the tax man, or they may just send a brown box.

Status
Not open for further replies.