PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Do any other pipe makers use the P-lip mouthpiece other than Peterson? I like the way this directs smoke away from the tongue and I like Peterson's OK but, wondering if they can be found on any other pipes.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I don't know about that, I have seen other pipe makers such as Grabow make stems that look exactly the same but do not direct it upwards. I am sure others also direct it upwards like the Petes do.

Aug 1, 2012
I've seen them on Wellingtons, Vauen, Grabow and Savinelli. There may be more but those are the ones I can remember.

olewaylon

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2012
Im not sure but I do love my P lip Pete. I always use it after I get a bit of a tongue bite. I feel like it is a lot easier on the tongue while I recover.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
I have disliked the P-lip since I started smoking a pipe 18 yrs ago. I have always avoided them but I do still have a beautiful Sav. Pot with a Cumberland stem, P-Lip. I try it about once a month and still, after trying it about 20 times, still hate it.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I have an estate Grabow that I'm going to work on that has the p-lip like Eric described above that doesn't face up. I can post pics, but after it's been cleaned...

patiobum

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2009
Baytown,Texas
Walker briar works sells a P lip bit for cobs. An economical way to find out if you might like the p lip bit.
I do like the p lip but it's not for everyone.

erichbaumer

Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
The old Wellington system pipes are really good in my experience (can't say anything either way about the current Baraccini remakes). You can always find a few of the old ones on ebay. All kinds of sizes, even churchwardens. I've got one that's about the size of a Peterson 317; it smokes great and only cost me around $40 after shipping. I bought my friend a churchwarden that he says smokes like a dream, but I have yet to try it myself.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
My old Dr. Plumb has a P-lip.
drplumb1.jpg

funn

Lurker
Jul 28, 2010
Pioneer used a P-lip on some of their pipes also..I got a Peterson XL305 old style bowl at a CORPS Show one year. It had a P on the stem but it was more of a script P. Ordered a new Peterson stem for it. Seems like everyone made a knock-off Peterson System line.

cynyr

Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
I bought a nice Cromwell system from lonestar that has a p-lip. Cromwell is a Comoy's second, and this one is one of my favorites.

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
NSFisher, If your ever in the mood to trade or sell that Savinelli, I'd like to have a shot at it.

Dec 24, 2012
I have a Peterson House pipe with a black blast and a p-lip. It also takes a 9mm filter. Aromatics really give me tongue bite and this seems to be the only pipe I can comfortably smoke an aro in. I quite like the p-lip design, at least for this use if nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.