PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
years ago i bought a peterson kildare with a p-lip stem i was gonna take up smoking a pipe but i guess i wasnt ready so it laid in the desk for several years and when i did start smoking a pipe(march'11) it was a corn cob

well any way back to the subjet i dont mind the p-lip but i prefer it upside down any one else smoke them this way?

assaad

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2011
I have never smoked a P-lip but I am sure I would never smoke one upside down. I bought a Lorenzetti billiard and when the clerk handed it to me I nearly lost my mind because he had put the bit in upside down and the L was topsy turvy! I just don't like things like that.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
well i cant see the upside down p when it is in my mouth so it dont bother me dont think i will buy another P-lip but ya gotta make do with what ya got

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
I've owned a few P-lip Petersons and just never took to them. I've sold, traded or given away every one that I have had.
I wouldn't buy or trade for another one either, unless it was for trade fodder.

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
I can take P-lips or leave them....I have several and they are fine. Their presence or absence does not condition my selection of a pipe.... :D

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I actually prefer my p-lip's to my fishtail stems. For some reason the p-lip seems to irritate my gums much less than the fishtail stems. Plus it's a lot easier for me to clench than the fishtails.

bubblehead

Might Stick Around
May 26, 2011
I like the P-lip on my Petersons, not much clinching needed, just hang them on the teeth, but the presence or absence of the P-lip is not a deciding factor for me either, so I can take em or leave em.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I have a Petersen tankard which has a p-lip, haven't smoked it yet, but when I do I don't think I'll have any issues with it??

smoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 25, 2011
I have mainly p-lips like lordofthepipering i too find them less irritable and easier to just hang between the teeth rather than clench the fishtails.

julesholling

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2011
Sutton, Surrey
Bought my first Peterson pipe from Ebay the other day (a rusticated Shannon 999 shape) and even though i've only smoked it a couple of times i'm liking the p-lip.

Feels a bit strange in the mouth and the small hole makes it a bugger to get a pipe cleaner down but in terms of smoking it i like it :puffy:

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Jules, Falcon cleaners work great for P lips.They are nice and thin. I have Mostly P lips on my Peterson pipes and like them a lot.

thekiltedchaplain

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2011
I prefer Peterson's with a P-Lip. I think of it like I do with cigars, whether you prefer a punch, or what type of cut you like, etc. It really just comes down to preference. I've never smoked one upside down, but I say if you like it, go for it!

Jul 15, 2011
I just traded a p lip Peterson to Uncle Arthur. I smoked about a half a bowl out of one and just thought it felt weird. But they are highly recommended by others. So, to each their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.