PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcglyph

Lurker
Jan 20, 2015
Hello, I've recently gotten into collecting pipes. Bought two, a SAMI, and KURAL. The Kural is a signed Sultan, by Sultanpipes.com. I've googled extensively, and cannot find out anything concerning the pipe maker Kural. Anyone have knowldege of this artist? I'm on a ship in the middle of the Gulf, and our security policy means we cannot upload pictures. Thanks to all of you.
All the best.
Bryan

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
You beat me to it Cortez. I read on another forum a person saying he had got the last Kural, was he saying it was the last Meer or that the carver had expired?

meerqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
Hi,
Kural was one of our artisan in the past.Now we did not see his works to much.It is same for Sami as well.

Kural was good at animal figures and logos mostly.They are both good artisans.

mcglyph

Lurker
Jan 20, 2015
Hello everyone. Thank you for your willingness to help. Nice to see. I was hoping for some pictures of his work. Does anyone know if he is still making pipes? Thanks again.
Bryan

meerqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
Hi,
yes he is making pipes but not as in the past .Very rare.If you are interested in i can make a research for you.just send me private message

thanks

Bahadir

mcglyph

Lurker
Jan 20, 2015
Thanks everyone for your willingness to help one who is truly a newb! Well being a new collector, I've some questions. First, the seller I bought my pipes from is a NEX vendor, this typically means he is selling what he says he is selling, and is in fact pretty honest. So I bought two pipes. Looking at the ones on line, from Altinok particularly and others, the stone looks different, the cut is more intricate ,the online ones are almost gaudy. I can't tell whether the ones I bought are perhaps older models? Kural according to Saldun (the seller) doesn’t do much carving anymore, so it may be the pipes are from a while ago. The Kural he said he had for a while. So I'm looking to understand the difference between what I have and the majority of stuff online. I love me some meers, obviously, I bought two the first chance I got! Ahahah.

Status
Not open for further replies.