PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
At $20/pipe it's not a bad deal but that's in theory. I personally would rather buy 3 high end pipes for the $'s as I doubt there are 3 in that group of 97 I want to own and smoke, YMMV.

banjo

buckaroo

Lifer
Sep 30, 2014
So. Cal.
I know he's trying to save some time and legwork by doing it all in one shot, but that's going to be a tough sale.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
My thinking was based on reselling them all individually. They look to be in very good condition. I realize a lot of them aren't worth a lot, and my 3k thing was too high.

May 4, 2015
"Insta-collection" kind of takes the fun out of it. Unfortunately, I doubt reselling individually, you'd average $20+ per pipe. I don't know a TON about briars, but I'm pretty familiar with what Grabow, Kaywoodie and "Italy" pipes go for on Ebay auctions. Too many in there to make a buck.
The neat factor is there though to see a guy's 100-pipe collection all in one auction.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Those were good photos, unusual for a large collection on Ebay.

A $500 starting price MIGHT have garnered some interest.

Not much notable there.

May 4, 2015
A $500 starting price MIGHT have garnered some interest.

Not much notable there.
Agreed, but I get it. Giving away 60 years of your life for $5/pipe would be heart-wrenching. Maybe $20/pipe was all he could live with. Hard to put dollars on sentimental value like that, I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.