PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cynicismandsugar

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
It has come to my attention, that perhaps I'm bit over zealous when it comes to the pipe smoking hobby.
So, in effort to reinforce the moniker of obnoxiousness, I thought I'd share my gear box.
I leave this box next to my favorite sitting spot, along with a small flashlight, and I'm ready to light up and relax at a moments notice. It's setup in such a way, that by opening the latch, I can easily access either pipe cleaners or Q-tips... and yet, just short of the most dire emergencies, it also holds everything else I could need. Small, convenient, and portable: it's been my companion since almost the beginning.
Does anyone else keep such a tool kit around (it doesn't have to have a Batman logo, but, when given the choice, why wouldn't you)? Or, am I again, over-enjoying the whole process?
box01500px_zpsabyu4otp.jpg

box2500px_zpstfmf5cce.jpg

box3500px_zpso1x9fw03.jpg

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
perhaps I'm bit over zealous when it comes to the pipe smoking hobby.
Nonsense ... Don't let some grumpy old man deflate your enthusiasm! :wink:
That's a nice compact case. Looks like a good portable size and a hard case will protect your investments.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
http://www.amazon.com/Scuba-Choice-Waterproof-Container-Lanyard/dp/B00BJAN6G0
I have one of these tied to my chair in case of emergency. :)
Pipe Cleaners, matches, tampers, q-tips and a paper towel are stored in it.

Jun 4, 2014
Nice kit! Now if it was all packed into a Yellow Utility Belt that you wore while smoking, I might have to say it was overkill.

cynicismandsugar

Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
Cobguy, when it comes to me, it's hard to deflate anything. Wait, that sounds odd...
Peteguy, that's a good idea; water-tight as well! And on PRIME? Win-win.
Now if it was all packed into a Yellow Utility Belt that you wore while smoking...
Great. How am I supposed to keep my pants up now?

carbonmated

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 5, 2015
Mr. Deal,
If I could find a case like that with Secret Squirrel on it...... Yea I would use it :clap:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Various versions. First there's the "bookcase" that is permeated with pipe racks, tobacco jars, bowls for mixing, lighters and matches, pipe cleaners, and much much more. Then there is a freestanding pipe rack with drop front, altar of my piping sacraments, and my pipe cabinet on the wall with thirty pipes and 14 tins on the top. Then, for fast getaway mobility, there is the Savenelli leather pipe kit with two churchwardens and accessories -- pipe tools, cleaners, tobacco. Not to mention the Walmart nylon shaving kit with all pipe gear for inconspicuous pipe toting. And so on. Do I have a kit like this? Where does it stop? I don't have a Batman insignia, but I do have a Savinelli t-shirt.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
"Does anyone else keep such a tool kit around/"
As I travel, weekly in fact, is a necessity, Jeffrey. I use a leather look old cigar humidor with a zipper closer. It was an inducement gift at some time. Holds 6 pipes and smoking necessities needed for a road trip. Does not have a batman logo like yours though :crying:

lifesizehobbit

Oct 23, 2015
My local B&M sells the empty wooden cigar boxes; amazingly enough, I have my pipe "kit" in there. Tobacco related items in a tobacco box. The universe is stable my friends. Rest easy.

fordm60

Dec 19, 2014
Thought this thread would be discussing Motorhead's OVERKILL. Oh well, it is still a great idea. No, Jeffery I do not think your kit is Overkill. Unless you fondle it and call it "myyy preeecious, my precious, oh I loves me precious!" and sleep with it under your pillow in case of pipe attack. Even then I still think it is all good, different but good lol!!
Motorhead!!
Only way to feel the noise is when it's good and loud

So good I can't believe it, screamin' with the crowd

Don't sweat it, get it back to you

OVERKILL, OVERKILL, OVERKILL
On your feet you feel the beat, it goes straight to your spine

Shake your head, you must be dead if it don't make you fly

OVERKILL, OVERKILL, OVERKILL

Status