PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokertruck

Can't Leave
Aug 1, 2013
Not sure if i overdid it - seem to have a coating on the whole surface of tongue & roof of mouth - - almost feels like a fungus -

not sure why should get such a coating smoking only twice a day. doubt if tobacco itself would have a fungus in any tins - have smoked for about a month since starting up again - never had it before.

sound familiar anyone or prefer not to think of it.
thanks

lovethebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2013
Bactine mouth rinse and Aloe Vera juice rinse multiple times a day, should take care of it.

Keep your mouth as clean as possible always.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Tobacco can get a fungus in it. But, getting a fungus on your tongue and the roof of your mouth from pipe tobacco smoke? No way. I think you should hot foot it to a dentist, smokertruck.
Pipestud

smokertruck

Can't Leave
Aug 1, 2013
What is aloa vera juice - seen the gel in drug stores for skin issue ie sunburn.

Where to get this juice - is it a regular juice - never saw it before.
Seems like it is a tobacco issue as i am very careful hygiene both bodily & dental especially at age 70 - brush & rinse 2-3 daily -

but everyone will always say that.
Also had nicotine sweats i never had before so maybe the mouth couldnt take it since one of the causes is listed as tobacco.
will wait a few days no smoking dentist if no improvement - will keep you posters informed since you did respond quickly.
not what i wanted upon startup smoking again.
THANKS ALL

lovethebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2013
Aloe Vera juice is a wonderful thing. Research it, it will help a lot of problems one might encounter. The list is long

Halts the growth of cancer tumors.

• Lowers high cholesterol.

• Repairs "sludge blood" and reverses "sticky blood".

• Boosts the oxygenation of your blood.

• Eases inflammation and soothes arthritis pain.

• Protects the body from oxidative stress.

• Prevents kidney stones and protects the body from oxalates in coffee and tea.

• Alkalizes the body, helping to balance overly acidic dietary habits.

• Cures ulcers, IBS, Crohn's disease and other digestive disorders.

• Reduces high blood pressure natural, by treating the cause, not just the symptoms.

• Nourishes the body with minerals, vitamins, enzymes and glyconutrients.

• Accelerates healing from physical burns and radiation burns.

• Replaces dozens of first aid products, makes bandages and antibacterial sprays obsolete.

• Halts colon cancer, heals the intestines and lubricates the digestive tract.

• Ends constipation.

• Stabilizes blood sugar and reduces triglycerides in diabetics.

• Prevents and treats candida infections.

• Protects the kidneys from disease.

• Functions as nature's own "sports drink" for electrolyte balance, making common sports drinks obsolete.

• Boosts cardiovascular performance and physical endurance.

• Speeds recovery from injury or physical exertion.

• Hydrates the skin, accelerates skin

lovethebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2013
These are just a few of the proven benefits of Aloe Vera

Get it at Walmart in the pharmacy section. Comes in a gallon jug, refrigerate after opening.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I'm not a doctor, but I know one. You are suffering from a bad case of Recalcitrant Plebny.

You will have to get rid of all your pipes and tobacco, and start all over again from scratch.

Send me a PM and I will see to it that those materials are disposed in a ecologically responsible manner.

Reactions: Pittsy

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
Sounds to me like what I was told is called Thrush. I have gotten it a couple of times when I took antibiotics. It was remedied by taking a probiotic or eating yogurt. Is it light colored? Thrush is usually white-ish.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
I get a coating in my mouth when smoking Captain Black. So, if you are smoking some CB blends and get that nasty feeling, no worries, just change your tobacco. :puffy:
I drink Aloe Vera juice from time to time. It helps my stomach.

smokertruck

Can't Leave
Aug 1, 2013
Went to dentist - yes need to take probiotic or yogurt - cut back on the smoking as it stings like hell - seems to be dissipating , not fun stuff glad i like yogurt -

Wonder if it too harsh a tobacco - tried the new solani festival - stronger than their sweet mystery which i smoke.

Tried today's erinmore - nothing like the old original. it also didnt smoke like the old. - well everything is like that today -

must find that aloa vera here in toronto - heve to check with the walmarts here - if retailers here in canada dont wish to carry something it is always " discontinued " their favorite line.
thanks for all the posts

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
I had a bit of what sounds like the same thing happening when I tried some red virginia tobacco. Went back to straight up burley for awhile and it went away in short order. I now pretty much stay away from red virginias and haven't had a problem since.

lovethebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2013
You can always make your own Aloe Vera mixture. I'm sure you should be able to get your hands on several plants. Step One: Cut a large healthy aloe vera leaf off of your plant, then let the resin drip out by holding it upside down so that it drains where you cut it. The gel won’t come out, so don’t worry about that.
Step Two: Cut it in half and then filet the gel out of the inside. Just be sure you don’t get the yellow stuff that comes out near the outer skin. You could also do this by first cutting the top layer, then the sides and eventually the bottom.
Step Three: Place in a blender and cover with 3 cups of fruit juice or fresh fruit and water. You can pretty much use anything you want here. Try coconut milk or almond milk if that suits your taste better.
Step Four: Blend well, chill and then serve. Refrigerate leftover juice.

soggycitybob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2013
Portland, OR
I have to add a +1 for Cap'n Black or other OTC blends. I've noticed that after a bowl or two my tongue feels "coated". I tend to think it is the glycol additive. I dont get the same result from tin tobac or other reputable fresh blends.
I just make sure I brush my teeth and tongue and let it rest a while.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
When you say you feel like you have a mouth coating- is this a feeling or is there literally a coating present?
Whether or not pipesmoking is a causitive factor, I'd give the smoking a break until its cleared up. I'd see a doctor if you aren't getting help from the dentist. Thrush seems more likely than others- thrush is a fungal infection. I'm not a doctor- but I am an RN :)

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
First joker: "I get a coating in my mouth when smoking Captain Black"
Second joker: "I have to add a +1 for Cap'n Black"
Won't comment on the Harris post, we all know what he smokes "exclusively".

Status
Not open for further replies.