PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Just wondering what is everyones favorite over the counter blend? Mine is Captain black white and Carter Hall.

Jul 15, 2011
I cut my teeth on OTC blends before I knew all this fancy stuff existed. I love Captain Black Royal, Middletons Apple, and Half and Half myself. I am still kicking myself for not trying either Carter Hall or Prince Albert yet.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I don't smoke a lot of OTC's. I have tried Sail Green and Walnut, recently, and enjoyed them. Like Prince Al.Liked Ky Club the one time I had it. :puffy:

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I started with otc's as well. Started wit borkum riff cherry (horrible) Then went to half and half, then captain black. I like the captain blacks, but I think half and half is my favorite.
Granted I havent smoked these in a very long while

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
My first pipe full was when I stole my dads pipe and smoked a bowl of Old Grand Dad that he was getting over the counter when I was like 12. Now its hard to find many blends other than CBW or BR. Havent tried Half and Half or Prince albert but they are attainable also. Of what I can get CBW is the best available her in Jacksonville, Fl.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I have yet to find an OTC that wasn't cheap, flavorless leaf covered in cloying flavors and chemicals.

maineyachtie

Can't Leave
Aug 14, 2010
I also cut my teeth on OTC's like Carter Hall, Half & Half, Prince Albert etc. These days, although I've tried recently, I just cant palate them. The chemical taste just ruins it for me. I appreciate those blends for getting me where I am today, but seriously, who wants cubed steak after you've had filet?

assaad

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2011
I have yet to find an OTC that wasn't cheap, flavorless leaf covered in cloying flavors and chemicals.
The fast-food of tobacco. Delicious in a terrible way!

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Captan Black white is OK in a pinch. I tried Sugar Barrel and thought it was pretty darn tasty. Want to try Walnut to see what it is about. Then I may just order a tub of it and Sugar barrel.

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
SWR is my favorite, but I can't honestly say I don't enjoy most all OTC classics, with the exception of the horrible Cherry flavoured weed that is Palidan.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
My go to smoke is Prince Albert, i have tried a lot of expensive tobacco and enjoyed many blends but I will always have a tub of P.A. on hand.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Mostly Middleton products for me.CH,PA, Walnut,Sugar Barrel in that order. Also like SWR reg. Have yet to find a Lane tobacco in any shape,form or fashion that is fit for human consumption-IMO.The poly bagged s**t I wouldn't give to my worst enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.