PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunplume

Might Stick Around
Aug 24, 2011
im an outside smoker not by choice, the ole lady would never let me inside. i dont mind though i like the piece and quiet (three yr old inside). i ussually just sit and relax and look over my fresh cut lawn, another favorite pass time is cutting the grass. So I guess not really knowing whats on the other side of the fence allows me to be content outside.

nzpiper

Might Stick Around
Aug 16, 2011
My wife doesn't mind me smoking inside, and I do mostly in the evenings as it is cold out (winter-time downunder), but I do enjoy going outside to enjoy my pipe. Especially very early in the morning, watching the sunrise,sipping some joe and smoking my Dunhill Early Morning Pipe in my Dr. Grabow! - Truly a special time!

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Outside smoker here, I'll be glad when cooler weather arrives because it's too hot to sit through a whole bowl until late in the evening.

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
Outside smoker here, I'll be glad when cooler weather arrives because it's too hot to sit through a whole bowl until late in the evening.
And by the time it's cool enough, the bugs are out in mass.
I have to smoke outside due to house rules, though I've taken to going to Pipes and Pleasures on the weekend and spending the day there.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'm dreading the cooler weather, I'm afraid eventually winter will just about shut down my opportunities. I do have an insulated garage, and might get some respite in there. I'm looking for a nice stool now, to sit beside the work bench. Not as cozy as our patio, but any port in a storm.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Outside. Have a nice smoking porch, and I smoke in the clubhouse (shed) and in my Jeep.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Yes I'm relegated to the outside as well. I don't mind it, but living in Vegas I have to make sure I get a pipe in before 10AM or after 8PM in the summer, that way I'm not soaking myself in my own sweat because of the 105+ degree temperatures we get during the day this time of year.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Both inside and outside. Here. I do tend to appreciate my pipes more in the morning or evening as the sun sets. I'll enjoy some during lunch most days, outside, but I definitely get the most enjoyment from my pipes in the evenings.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Yard and garage. The wife has COPD so I stopped smoking inside 2 years ago. As I spend an inordinate amount of time at the B&M I get a lot of "inside' time there.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
Outside, and this is the best time of the year. The evenings are warm and dry. The sun's gone down and the stars are out. Perfect for just wandering around the back 40. Soon the rain and cold will come, and then I'll be moving to the garage, which is considered "outside" by the house rules. I've got a radiant heater and a camp chair which makes it reasonable, if not comfortable.
Simon

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
During the warm months, I like to take advantage of my patio, and as such tend to smoke outdoors. It rarely hits 30c in Vancouver, and my patio is sheltered from the prevailing north-westerly wind in my area by the house, so it makes for quite a comfortable area; particularly when the sun is setting (patio faces NE).

When the weather drops below 10c, I'll head down to the garage. Its insulated, but unheated; so I run a pair of oil-heaters to keep the climate comfortable. Of course, I've also hauled down an easy-chair, stereo, and television to keep myself entertained and up on hockey season. On rare occasions, I'll stoke a bowl in the living-room, but those times are few and far between, and never Lat bombs.

It goes without saying that I smoke in my truck.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I'm with the rest of you poor fellas forced to smoke outside the house... hopefully come winter it'll get cold enough that I can persuade the Mrs. to let me inside for a smoke. That being said... any suggestions on the best room note for smoking inside with a wife that hates smoke? Maybe this will help some of us turn our partners to the pipe side.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Never gets too cold here and I'm an outdoor smoker. I'm kind of looking forward to the cool Fall weather. When the evening mist starts rolling through the hills, I find myself in an introspective mood and it's always a fine time for a pipe and a pint.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
I mainly smoke in the house. SWMBO still smokes cigarettes so she doesn't complain.

I do ask her from time to time, just to keep up appearances, if some of the heavy Lats bother her.
So far so good.
Outdoors is usually reserved for late evening contemplation.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
My doesn't object to me smoking inside.I feed birds in my yard so I also enjoy smoking on the porch in the afternoon and watching them.As has already been said I pretty much smoke where I want to.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
back deck or garage for me. I thought about taking one of the unused bedrooms and converting it...but would take a dedicated exhaust fan, and a in-room smoke eater machine. It would just have to incorporate dark wooden wainscoating at least 3 ft high up the walls, dark painted walls, hardwood floors, etc...one of these days....maybe

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
I smoke in my hobby room and the only reason I am allowed to do that is because my lovely wife smokes with me on occasion! She loves her pipes and scolds me when don't invite her to smoke with me!

Status
Not open for further replies.