PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
Anyone else subjected to only smoking outdoors like me??
No smoking allowed in the house, so I hvae to sit outside for hour or two at a time to "enjoy" a bowl sometimes. Some days it can be quite frustrating a i just want to kick my feet up and watch some tv. Usually when in the back yard i'll bring my laptop to surf and watch a movie, but it's getting colder and colder at night.
I can usually smoke in my car when the weather really turn sour, but it's still not the same as sitting on the la-zboy, couch or bed.
Unfortunately, this makes me smoke considerably less than i would like to. I can usually get a few bowls in a week.
Anyone else in the same boat??

fshu2

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2011
i am almost exclusively an outdoor smoker but i just build up a fire and enjoy. i am they type of guy who would rather be outside than in. that being said i hate winter and with it getting colder smoking my shrink or my cleverness in how to smoke inside my grow.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
garage is full of boxes, we are in the middle of seling the house. Plus, the smoke still manages to creep in the house.
I tried using a heater in the back shed, but it failed miserably. And to set everything up every time is a pain in the rear.

skysail

Might Stick Around
Sep 16, 2012
Yup, I'm stuck outside too. As long as it's not raining, or too windy I don't mind.

twangthang

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I am an outdoor smoker. The wife hates the smell. I haven't been at it for very long so I will have to see how it goes when the temps dip. Fire pit isn't practical for me so I am going to have to brave the cold in some other way.

Aug 1, 2012
Outdoor smoker here. I usually don't smoke in the dead of winter because -10°F plus 20MPH wind doesn't make for a nice smoke.

fshu2

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2011
i am six five if they make snuggies that big i may be able to work with one but they should make it look like hugh hefners robe

macattack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 20, 2012
I am also banished to the outdoors. I smoke when I drive to and from work. That helps a little bit. I will regretfully pass on the snuggies though Tony.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I too am relegated to the good ole' outdoors. Right now however, I'm testing out an air purifier to see if I can smoke indoors with it on full blast and not notice the tobacco smell. It's going pretty successfully right now.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Omg snuggies. Best idea ever.
Old Cajun can have pockets sewn into his like he does with his chonies.
Yeah, I've recently wondered about giving my garage a rough Makeover so I can smoke in it when the weather turns.

puffinbudgie

Lurker
Aug 28, 2012
The fall is a nice time to have a walk with a good briar (covered, of course) but Winter? God, that's rough. I don't want to go all 'John Wayne' but I think I'd flip out if someone banished me to the backyard. I mean really, especially a pipe! There's so many good blends out there, too. That's one of the nice things about a pipe. Sometimes even one of the 'nanny' types will ask me, sort of 'embarrassed like', 'excuse me, but what is that blend you're smoking?' I tell them and ask 'See? Not so bad, is it?'

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
I only smoke outdoors. Sometimes I sit on the back porch late in the evening, enjoy the stars, and listen to the sounds of the woods while I enjoy a pipe. Or I sit in the porch and watch a oldies movie or TV program while I smoke.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I smoke out doors also. On week ends I bring out the iPad and watch a show or movie on Netflix and smoke a bowl. It is not so bad no one bothers me and after a full day the peace and quiet is rather nice. Some times I walk the dog and he never complains about what blend I am smoking. He is good company to tell you the truth.

cgrd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Yup, outdoor smoker here. My girlfriend is an ex cigarette smoker, and while she (bemusedly) accepts my late in life pipe smoking habit, she's asked that I smoke outdoors. I live in the middle of Canada, so that means very little to no smoking from November to March, except for those rare warm days where there's no wind and it's above -5 (~20F).
If we get a winter like last year, that'll mean once a week, but that's unrealistic :)
I just take a good book or magazine down with me and smoke on the porch. Or sometimes just sit and watch the neighbourhood roll by.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
glad to hear i'm not the only one!!
I think im going to try a few different set ups in my beater car. Somehow have my laptop set up off my lap so i can comfortably watch a flick and smoke a bowl.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Not an issue smoking outside here in Texas. I often don't smoke on those 105+ days though. If I lived where there was actual winter, I'd have to insist on comandeering the garage or renovating an outbuilding.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
It doesn't get THAT cold here in south Bend, I just need something to keep the damn wind off me.
Maybe I'll smoke in the kids play house. I could use the slide when I'm finished.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
I smoke solely outdoors by choice. In the winter, smaller pipes and less smoking, or go to the car. The garage space, if we get it this year, is shared with the other residents, so I'm not going to be an ass and turn it into my lounge.

charimon

Lurker
Sep 12, 2012
I do most of my smoking outside, but I am sort of lucky There is a Cigar bar (Jake's Cigars Omaha, NE) 6 blocks away with an outstanding selection of Whisky and Ale not to mention that they Stock Dunhill EMP and Nightcap.

Status
Not open for further replies.