PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
Well, I was able to get out of the city today. My sister and brother in law have some land out in the country, and they had another house built on their property for my mother and father. I hadn't seen the new house yet, so I went out for a visit. It was a beautiful day, nice breeze, sitting out on wooden deck, drinking some rum, absolute peace.... but I forgot my PIPE!!! The one thing that could have made this beautiful day and evening perfect, and I had to do without :( I'll just take it as an excuse to go out there again soon :mrgreen:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
One of the blessings that I live in the country. Peaceful and quiet. Even without the pipe, it sounds like you had a great day!

Jan 8, 2013
I did indeed, Duane. Lots of trees, the sound of the wind blowing through them. The occasional bleating of a goat, or crow of a rooster, hawks circling in the sky in the distance, the sound of an owl or two at night.... I was really missing my pipe though.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Absolutely! One of the last times I went hiking with the wife, I had my pipe going the whole time. We passed probably ten groups of people before my wife asked "Do you realize how strange you look, smoking your pipe while hiking?"
I replied with, "Not as strange as someone smoking a cigarette"
It just enhances everything!

admiral

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2017
Without a pipe...

Personally for me that will ruin the whole experience.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Cosmic, It's a good thing those lines totally block out the words, or else someone might see what you originally typed. :laughat:

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
I lived in the city for a few years but am so glad to be back in the country now. Hard to beat a nice relaxing smoke on the back deck surrounded by trees.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If there was ever a ripe excuse for buying or designating a "car pipe," this is it.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
I was about to ask about location too. Try to get out there more often, take your pipe. I hope that spending time with your parents is a good thing for you. I miss mine...
I try to avoid any place that my dog and I can't pee without embarrassing someone else. :roll: Considering others feelings is classy...

Jan 8, 2013
Try to get out there more often, take your pipe. I hope that spending time with your parents is a good thing for you. I miss mine...
My father and I have had a strained relationship. He was an angry war veteran, and I was angry for being raised by an angry war veteran. We were never able to be close. I always wanted us to be, and I think really that he wanted to be too. Now in his older years, his health is failing, and we don't know how long he'll be around. I know we both want to be close, but we really don't know how because it was never there. I think the fact that we don't know how is the hardest part for both of us. But we are trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.